Open & closing dates
Opening and closing dates
02/21/2020 to 05/20/2020
Pay scale & grade
$11.55 to $13.47 per hour
Intermittent - 0 - 39 Hours per Week
Few vacancies in the following location:
This job is open to
U.S. citizens, nationals or those who owe allegiance to the U.S.
Clarification from the agency
Open to US and Non-US Citizens within the Fort Meade local commuting area
The Area of Consideration for this vacancy announcement is within the Fort Meade local commuting area. (Military Spouse Preference (MSP) and Involuntarily Separated Military Preference (ISMP) eligible candidates are included in the area of consideration.)
Learn more about this agency
This position is located at Club Meade
To better expedite the hiring process, we recommend including full contact information (name, address, phone number, email, etc.) for professional and personal references on your resume.
- Collects sales slips, total sales on cash register, accepts payment from patrons and makes change as necessary. Maintains related cash records. Keeps work area clean and orderly.
- Sets up food service counters and steam tables with hot and cold foods and beverages. Prepares coffee and hot water for tea, fills beverage dispensers with juices and soft drinks.
- Sets tables, seats guests, records guests' selections and turns in orders to the kitchen. Serves food and nonalcoholic beverages. Presents bill and receives payment. Cleans tables and immediate area.
- Prepares fruits and vegetables for cooking and serving. Makes a variety of fruit and vegetable salads. Portions out food, cleans and prepares meats and seafood for cooking.
- Checks food during cooking to prevent overcooking. Prepares sandwiches and box lunches. Washes dishes, pots and pans.
- Clean floors, walls and windows in kitchen, dining and storage areas. Performs other duties as assigned.
Conditions Of Employment
- Direct Deposit and Social Security Card is required.
- Meet qualification/eligibility/background requirements for this position.
- A one year probationary period may be required.
- Satisfactorily complete an employment verification (E-Verify) check.
- Completed and signed DA Form 3433 is required prior to entrance on duty.
- Subject to satisfactory completion of all pre-employment checks in accordance with AR 215-3, Para 2.
- Appointment is subject to successful completion and favorable results of fingerprints, health assessment (physical), and Installation Record Checks to determine suitability for this position.
- Physical Effort: Frequently lifts and moves items weighing up to 40. Requires constantly standing, stooping, bending, walking and reaching.
- WORKING CONDITIONS: Work is normally performed inside with adequate lighting and heat. Care is required to avoid serious injury in food preparation and storage areas.
- Mandatory Training: Satisfactory completion of a minimum of 4 hours initial food sanitation and safety training within 30 days of employment and a minimum of 4 hours annual refresher training.
- Incumbent may also be required to complete a Tier 1 background investigation for a Common Access Card for physical access to federally-controlled facilities.
To View a full Position Description of a Food and Beverage Attendant click here
Experience or training that indicates knowledge skills and ability to perform the duties of this position. Ability to follow oral and written instructions in English and possess basic math skills. Able to bend, stoop, walk, and reach frequently. Be able to lift and carry weights up to 40 pounds.
Skill and Knowledge:
Able to work alone. Know the proper use of special cleaning and sanitizing solutions. Know simple food handling techniques. Able to work safely. Able to serve uniform individual portions and avoid distractions when several guests ask for different items at the same time. Able to use simple arithmetic.
THIS VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT MAY BE USED TO FILL MULTIPLE VACANCIES. THIS ANNOUNCEMENT IS OPEN UNTIL ALL VACANCIES ARE FILLED. THIS ANNOUNCEMENT MAY BE EXTENDED OR CLOSED PRIOR TO THE CURRENT CLOSING DATE. APPLICANTS WILL BE REFERRED TO THE SELECTING OFFICIAL AS VACANCIES OCCUR. POSITIONS ARE FILLED/REFERRED ON A CONTINUOUS BASIS.
This job does not have an education qualification requirement.
- Manual Application: If you are unable to apply online, you may submit your application package using a manual application method. Please contact the NAF Human Resources Office or representative listed on this job announcement to request a copy of the manual application form. All completed manual application forms (along with resume and other supporting documentation) must be received no later than 3:00 PM Eastern Standard Time (EST) on the closing date of the announcement in order to process your application in a timely manner. Please note that neglecting to respond to the job related questions may result in an ineligible rating.
- Additional selections may be made from this vacancy announcement for up to 90 days after the closing date.
- Allowances, differentials, or incentives will not be paid.
- Payment Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is not authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government's interest.
- Please check out our Applicant Information Kit to view additional information you may find useful when applying for our jobs. (To view the kit, copy this URL: https://publicfileshare.chra.army.mil/index.php/s/uIDfgOMr6PWHHGS/download?path=/&files=NAF Applicant Information Kit.pdf
- Applications are valid for 90 days after submission date. Applicants will be referred to selecting officials as additional vacancies occur.
How You Will Be Evaluated
Applicants can claim the following eligibilities:
- NAF Preference - Involuntarily Separated From the Military
- NAF Preference - Spouse Employment Preference (SEP)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Business Based Action
- NAF Priority Consideration - Current Appropriated Funds Employee CNE (APF)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Current/Former NAF Employee (CNE/FNE)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Outside Applicant Veteran (OAV)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Parent of a Veteran (OAV)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Spouse/Widow(er) of a Veteran (OAV)
Background checks and security clearance
The following documents must be submitted with your application:
Optional: Job Application (DA Form 3433) will be accepted in place of a Resume.
The below items are accepted and may be needed to support a qualification and/or a claimed priority/preference:
- Cover Letter
- DD-214/ Statement of Service
- DA Form 3434 or equivalent Agency Notification of Personnel Action
- DA Form 3433
- Professional References
- PCS Orders
- Proof of Marriage Status
- SF-50/ Notification of Personnel Action
How to Apply
How to Apply
You may submit your application package using one of the two methods identified below:
- Electronically (preferred) at https://www.usajobs.gov/ and search for Vacancy Number (VIN): 10732367. Announcement closes at 11:59 PM Eastern Time on the closing date listed on this announcement.
- Manually: Please refer to the "Additional Information" section of this announcement for instructions.
Your resume will be reviewed to verify that qualification requirements have been met. We appreciate your interest in this position!
Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy And gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process should follow the instructions in the job opportunity announcement. For any part of the remaining hiring process, applicants should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Learn more about disability employment and reasonable accommodations or how to contact an agency.
Legal and regulatory guidance