About the Position: This position is located at U.S. Army Sustainment Command, 404th Army Field Support Brigade, Transportation Division, Freight Movement Branch, Logistics Readiness Center, Joint Base Lewis-McChord, WA.
Learn more about this agency
- As a Freight Rate Assistant (OA), your duties may include but not limited to:
- Performing freight rate work by arranging for domestic shipments under 10,000 pounds for surface and under 1,000 pounds for air.
- Select carrier to transport shipment to port location for further transport by ship.
- Performs a variety of transportation assistance duties to make freight shipment arrangements.
- Arranges transportation of small domestic freight shipments such as documents, computer tapes, aircraft parts, etc.
- Prepares, reviews and issues a variety of documents and forms.
- Distributes documents and forms to appropriate personnel and closes out files on completion of shipment.