1 vacancy in the following location:
This job is open to
U.S. citizens, nationals or those who owe allegiance to the U.S.
Clarification from the agency
Open Europe wide to US Citizens and Non-US Citizens of a NATO Country except Germany eligible for employment under US conditions .
The Area of Consideration for this vacancy announcement is EUROPE WIDE. (Military Spouse Preference (MSP), Involuntarily Separated Military Preference (ISMP) and Family Member Preference eligible candidates are included in the area of consideration.)
This position is located at Stuttgart Lodging, Panzer and Kelley Hotels, Stuttgart, Germany
Learn more about this agency
- Performs seasonal gardening tasks involved with preparing planting areas, laying sod, watering, planting, transplanting, pruning and trimming plants, shrubs and trees.
- Maintains flowers and seeded areas to ensure attractive appearance.
- Applies fertilizers and chemicals. Reports atypical plants to supervisor.
- Frequent standing, walking, bending, stooping, and the pushing of carts and wheelbarrows. Climbing is required to prune or trim vegetation. Lifts and carries heavy objects such as bags of fertilizer, grass seed, etc. weighing up to 50 pounds.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position to on and off post locations. Will be required to work at both Panzer and Kelley Hotels as needed.
Conditions Of Employment
- Direct Deposit and Social Security Card is required.
- Meet qualification/eligibility/background requirements for this position.
- A one year probationary period may be required.
- Completed and signed DA Form 3433 is required prior to entrance on duty.
- A medical/health assessment is required due to the lifting/physical requirements on the PD.
- In consideration of COVID-19, personnel within this area routinely wear personal protective equipment (cloth face coverings, latex gloves, and face shields) while performing their regular duties.
- Incumbent may also be required to complete a Tier 1 background investigation for a Common Access Card for physical access to federally-controlled facilities.
- Satisfactory completion of pre-employment background checks in accordance with AR 215-3, para.2.
Skill in applying fertilizers evenly and placing seeds and plants at proper depths. Skill in operating hand and powertools and equipment (seeders, spreaders, edgers, hedge trimmers, pruning shears, and sprayers). Ability to recognize obvious plant diseases, plant insects, and unusual or poor plant growth. Knowledge of fungicides, insecticides, and herbicides and the ability to read and follow directions in order to properly spray or dust with chemicals.
This job does not have an education qualification requirement.
- Manual Application: If you are unable to apply online, you may submit your application package using a manual application method. Please contact the NAF Human Resources Office or representative listed on this job announcement to request a copy of the manual application form. All completed manual application forms (along with resume and other supporting documentation) must be received no later than 15:00 hours (3:00 p.m.) on the closing date of the announcement in order to process your application in a timely manner. Please note that neglecting to respond to the job related questions may result in an ineligible rating.
- Additional referrals may be made from this vacancy announcement for up to 90 days after the closing date.
- Payment Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is not authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government's interest.
- Allowances, differentials, or incentives will not be paid.
- Employment Overseas provides a lot of additional benefits & entitlements, for information click here
- Applicants must comply with the Exceptional Family Member Program, for information click here
- Please check out our Applicant Information Kit to view additional information you may find useful when applying for our jobs. (To view kit, click this URL: https://publicfileshare.chra.army.mil/Applicants/NAF%20Applicant%20Information%20Kit.pdf). (If URL does not work, copy and paste the URL into browser).
U.S. citizens overseas under ordinarily resident status are not eligible for appointment under the Status of Forces Agreement. In NATO countries, employment under U.S. conditions is restricted by the NATO SOFA to individuals who are nationals of a NATO country. These individuals may not be employed under U.S. employment conditions in the country of their citizenship.
The Stuttgart Lodging facilities operate 24 hours a day 365 days a year and are staffed around the clock. Scheduled tour of duty is irregular and rotational, to include mornings, evenings, nights, overnights, weekends, and US and German holidays. You will be required to work at all Stuttgart Lodging facilities during all shifts, based on staffing requirements.
How You Will Be Evaluated
Applicants can claim the following eligibilities:
- NAF Preference - Family Member Preference (OCONUS ONLY)
- NAF Preference - Involuntarily Separated From the Military
- NAF Preference - Spouse Employment Preference (SEP)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Business Based Action
- NAF Priority Consideration - Current Appropriated Funds Employee CNE (APF)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Current/Former NAF Employee (CNE/FNE)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Outside Applicant Veteran (OAV)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Parent of a Veteran (OAV)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Spouse/Widow(er) of a Veteran (OAV)
Your questionnaire responses will be verified against the information submitted in your application. If multiple resumes are submitted, only the most recent will be reviewed (verified by time stamp).
Referral lists are based on the qualifications stated in the job announcement. Your qualifications MUST be fully described in your resume. In describing your experience, be clear and specific. NO ASSUMPTIONS WILL BE MADE REGARDING YOUR EXPERIENCE.
Background checks and security clearance
The following documents must be submitted with your application:
Optional: Job Application (DA Form 3433) will be accepted in place of a Resume.
The below items are accepted and may be needed to support a qualification and/or a claimed priority/preference:
- Cover Letter
- DD-214/ Statement of Service
- DA 3433
- References (Names, address, telephone and email)
- PCS Orders
- Reasonable Accommodation Documentation
- Separation Notice (RIF)
- SF-50/ Notification of Personnel Action
How to Apply
How to Apply
You may submit your application package using one of the two methods identified below:
- Electronically (preferred) at https://www.usajobs.gov/ and search for Vacancy Number (VIN): 10915621. Announcement closes at 11:59 PM Eastern Time on the closing date listed on this announcement.
- Manually: Please refer to the "Additional Information" section of this announcement for instructions.
To better expedite the hiring process, we recommend including full contact information (name, address, phone number, email, etc.) for professional and personal references on your resume.
Your resume will be reviewed to verify that qualification requirements have been met. We appreciate your interest in this position!
Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy And gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process should follow the instructions in the job opportunity announcement. For any part of the remaining hiring process, applicants should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Learn more about disability employment and reasonable accommodations or how to contact an agency.
Legal and regulatory guidance