Learn more about this agency
The NRO is the U.S. Government agency in charge of designing, building, launching and maintaining America's intelligence satellites. The NRO provides reconnaissance information to the Intelligence Community and the DoD warfighters. For more information see: http://www.nro.gov
NRO is accepting applications from both Federal government employees and U.S. Citizens for this position.
GG-14 IS A SUPERVISORY POSITION
SEE QUALIFICATIONS SECTION BELOW FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
As a GENERAL ENGINEER you will be responsible for the following duties:
- Advises staff regarding policies, procedures, directives of higher-level management or headquarters.
- Solves systemic management problems of major significance through staff coordination and meetings with the NRO leadership.
- Establishes and maintains policy for the assigned functional areas.
- Briefs senior management through each project development cycle by maintaining interactions with contractor personnel to evaluate and correct development activities.
- Makes decisions and executes and/or directs actions exploring, reconciling, and resolving major uncertainties, unique action, obscure problems, or conflicting objectives resulting from the abstract nature of the concepts or the existence of serious conflicts among scientific requirements, technological development standards, program direction, and administrative requirements.
- Prepares, provides, and evaluates conventional plans, designs, design specifications, and related documentation.
- Serves as a technical authority and/or Contracting Officer's Technical Representative (COTR).
- Manages issues and risks to balance lifecycle cost, schedule, and technical performance.
- Conducts technical analysis and field and/or laboratory work to achieve desired products or services.
SUPERVISORY GG-14 Level additional duties:
- Serves as a Cadre Supervisory General Engineer providing technical and professional advice on engineering issues affecting the NRO.
- Functions as a first line supervisor exercising supervisory personnel management responsibilities.
- Participates in internal and external meetings and conferences, and for complex and critical fiscal and programming negotiations with NRO leadership.
- Establishes and maintains policy for assigned functional areas.
25% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.