1 vacancy in the following location:
OUR MISSION: To fulfill President Lincoln's promise "To care for him who shall have borne the battle, and for his widow, and his orphan" - by serving and honoring the men and women who are America's Veterans. How would you like to become a part of a team providing compassionate care to Veterans?
Learn more about this agency
"Welcome to Reno! Nestled at the foot of the Sierra Nevada mountains with easy access to Lake Tahoe, Reno is ideal for your inner adventurer. Enjoy kayaking, paddle boarding, and hiking in the summer, sledding and snowshoeing in the winter, or head on up to the slopes to ski or snowboard where many Olympic athletes train. Check out our many hip restaurants and shops in Midtown, or take a walk by the river downtown and stop in at a dog friendly brewery. We are the home of a dynamic art scene and many iconic events: Artown, Hot August Nights, Street Vibrations, Rib Cook-off, Great Reno Balloon Race, Reno Rodeo, and the National Championship Air Races. Summers can get hot, but the humidity is low, and there is no state income tax in Nevada! For more information click: Special Events
The University of Nevada, Reno is one of the nation's top public research universities. Our VA is a teaching affiliate of the University of Nevada School of Medicine. Truckee Meadows Community College offers accessible high school and post high school programs, a transfer agreement with UNR, and one of the most competitive nursing programs in the state. For more info click: Education
We encourage you to consider VA employment in Reno, NV. We offer both a mission you can put your heart into and a home for fun, new experiences, whether you're interested in exploring the Pacific Crest Trail, Food Truck Friday, Burning Man, or the Lake Tahoe Shakespeare Festival. Join a team that values a healthy home/work life balance and be rewarded by your role in keeping the promise to those who served." For more information click: Recreation
Special Employment Consideration: VA encourages persons with disabilities to apply, including those eligible for hiring under 5 CFR 213.3102(u), Schedule A, Appointment of persons with disabilities [i.e., intellectual disabilities, severe physical disabilities, or psychiatric disabilities], and/or Disabled veterans with a compensable service-connected disability of 30% or more. Contact the Agency Contact for information on how to apply under this appointment authority via the Selective Placement Coordinator.
The Housekeeping Aid occupation is restricted to preference eligibles. In accordance with 5 U.S.C. 3310 and 5 CFR.330.401 restrict the competitive examination and the filling of positions of guard, elevator operators, messengers, and custodians to preference eligibles as long as preference eligibles are available.
You will work as a Housekeeping Aid in the Environmental Care Section of Facilities Management Service, at the VA Sierra Nevada Health Care System in Reno, NV. You will execute a full range of housekeeping activities in your assigned area. Duties include cleaning and protective maintenance of floors, walls, ceilings, windows, furniture, fixtures, sinks, commodes, urinals, bathtubs, showers, and equipment. In your role, you may perform the following duties:
- Floor maintenance, wall washing, doors, door frames, baseboard corners, edges, and stairwells;
- Sweeping, dust mopping, dam and wet mopping, scrubbing, stripping, refinishing, buffing, vacuuming carpets and carpet runners, spot washing areas, and high and low dusting;
- Clean office, lobby, and recreation room furniture following established cyclic cleaning procedures;
- Empty trash and waste baskets and replace liners;
- Transport general refuse, regulated medical waste and recycling to central collection areas following established procedures for waste management;
- Clean restrooms, bathrooms, and shower rooms, ensuring they meet acceptable standards;
- Replenish supplies of paper towels, toilet paper, hand sanitizer and soap in all areas where dispensers are located;
- Move and arrange furniture, patient wardrobes, beds, etc. in you assigned area;
- Provide bed-making services in patient care areas;
- Clean mattresses, springs, and bed frames on a regular basis;
- Clean bedside stands, over bed lighting, blood pressure cuffs, bed tables, etc. in patient rooms;
- Remove bags of soiled linen from patient rooms and transport to the soiled laundry room;
- Defrosts and cleans refrigerators and ice machines in nourishment/kitchen areas; and
- Perform other duties as needed or assigned.
Work Schedule: Full-time, 40 hours per week, various tours, weekend and/or night shifts.
Position Description Title/PD#: Housekeeping Aid, WG-3566-02, PD# 654-04870-A.
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not authorized.
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required.
Note: This position is covered by the bargaining unit.
How to Apply
Fair & Transparent