The position is part of the Human Resources Division. The selectee will be responsible for assisting with the development of classification and position management guidelines, assisting employees with classification appeals, resolving the problems and issues to promote the quality effectiveness, and efficiency of the agency classification and position management program.
WHO MAY APPLY: Current or former career/career conditional Federal employee with competitive service status; VEOA (Veterans Employment Opportunities Act) eligible; or are eligible for a non-competitive hiring authority (i.e. 30% or more Compensable Veterans, reinstatement eligible, interchange agreements, etc.)
Note: Additional selections may be made if additional/identical vacancies occur within 90 days of certificate issuance.
Learn more about this agency
As a Human Resources Specialist (Classification) at the GS-0201-13 level some of your typical work assignments may include:
· Assisting with the development of classification and position management guidelines.
· Advising management on how to establish organization structures that are efficient, cost effective, support desired grade levels and facilitate career development.
· Providing assistance to employees with classification appeals.
· Evaluating and analyzing a variety of complex classification and position management problems/issues.
· Preparing replies and assembling classification documents in response to requests from agency Office of General Counsel, agency District offices, and the Office of Equal Employment Opportunity, etc.
Occasional travel - Occasional Travel