International Outreach Program Administrator
Patent and Trademark Office
1 vacancy - Alexandria, VA
Work Schedule is This is a full-time, permanent - career/career-conditional appointment in the competitive service.
Opened Wednesday 1/11/2017
Closes Tuesday 1/17/2017
Salary Range $131,767.00 to $161,900.00 / Per Year
Series & GradeGS-0301-15/15
Promotion Potential 15
Supervisory Status Yes
Who May Apply Applications will be accepted from current USPTO employees serving on career or career-conditional appointment in the competitive service, and CTAP eligible candidates in the local commuting area.
Control Number 462131500
Job Announcement Number OPC-2017-0005
About the Agency
Come work for the USPTO, we have been ranked as one of the Best Places to Work in the Federal Government®!
The U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) has been serving the economic interests of America for more than 200 years. We are responsible for granting US intellectual property rights for patents and trademarks. Our efforts have provided inventors exclusive rights over their discoveries. It's an effort that continues to contribute to a strong global economy, to encourage investment in innovation and to cultivate an entrepreneurial spirit for the 21st century. The USPTO is headquartered in Alexandria, Virginia, and has over 12,000 employees, including engineers, scientists, attorneys, analysts, IT specialists, etc. all dedicated to accomplishing the USPTO’s mission, vision, strategic goals and guiding principles. For more information about the USPTO, please visit the USPTO Careers Website.
The International Outreach and Administration Division is responsible for coordinating the administrative aspects of OIPC's outreach program and performing analytical functions for the numerous international programs under the purview of OIPC.The incumbent of this position directs the activities of the International Outreach and Administration Division of OIPC. The employee serves as a recognized senior advisor on the administration of outreach activities, as well as strategic planning, program analysis, and related analytical functions performed in support of the OIPC mission. In addition, the incumbent directs, manages and oversees employees who provide technical and analytical support for outreach activities, strategic/business planning, financial management information systems, and other administrative activities in support of the OIPC mission.
If selected for the position you will perform the following duties:
- Advises OIPC’s senior leadership on the administrative and management aspects of outreach and external collaboration strategies for OIPC.
- Participates with officials at working levels of counterpart IP offices worldwide on the administration of joint outreach and promotional programs, meeting frameworks, and other matters to achieve the patent-related cooperative goals of the USPTO and the U.S. government.
- Assists senior officials with formulating public and internal positions, key messages and desired outcome of outreach activities related to all international patent cooperation initiatives.
- Formulates, organizes, and oversees projects related to strategic planning.
- Assists with formulating and developing policy, implementation and negotiation strategies on global IT work sharing, and other initiatives, in direct coordination with the USPTO Director, the USPTO Deputy Director, Chief Policy Officer, Chief Information Officer, the Chief Financial Officer, the Commissioner for Patents, and other executives and USPTO staff reporting to these leaders.
- Conducts and/or supervises analytical studies in support of projects to include alternative analysis, market research, operational analysis, and other research as deemed necessary to support projects.
- Plans work schedules and sequence of operations on a weekly, project or longer basis to assure an even flow and distribution of work, the expeditious handling of priority cases, and the meeting of schedules and deadlines.
- Issues guidance or written instructions and procedures for non-routine or complex assignments or to clarify published guidelines.
- Briefs OIPC senior managers, the Under Secretary of Commerce for Intellectual Property, USPTO Commissioner for Patents, and Deputy Commissioner for International Patent Cooperation, other Patent Deputy Commissioners, and other USPTO officials on current international efforts.
- Occasional Travel
- 3 to 6 nights per month
How to Apply