Challenge Yourself - Be an Army Civilian - Go Army!
Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
About the Position
PEO EIS Mission Statement: Rapidly deliver innovative and cost-effective IT systems and services for the Total Force, to globally connect the Army and provide a decisive information advantage to every Soldier".
Programs Mission Statement: Deliver standardized, secure global enterprise services that set the conditions for LandWarNet transformation.
Telework Eligibility Statement: This position may be eligible for regular and recurring TELEWORK, including emergency and OPM prescribed unscheduled Telework. Supervisor approval will be required on a case-by-case basis.
Who May Apply:
Only applicants who meet one of the employment authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories you selected. See Proof of Eligibility for an extensive list of document requirements for all employment authorities.
Learn more about this agency
- Current Department of Army Civilian Employees
- Current Permanent Department of Defense (DOD) Civilian Employee (non-Army)
- Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan
- Priority Placement Program (PPP), Program S (Military Spouse) registrant
- Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA) of 1998
- Responsible for the Information Assurance mission of the program, and assures the program is in compliance with Army and DoD security regulations and policies, guidelines in the Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA), and other OMB and Executive directives.
- Overall responsibility for network security policies and procedures to ensure the continued security architecture.
- Keep abreast of long range Army needs and enhancing program productivity and improving program reliability and portability throughout the Army.
- Ensure the application of a variety of strategies and measures designed to protect equipment, control access, and detect security threats and system vulnerabilities.
- Apply analytical reasoning, evaluation, and communication skills in order to define program needs and objectives; tracks progress of assigned programs, develops and evaluates alternative solutions involving complex and often conflicting program and budgetary objectives.
- Coordinate security-related activities, e.g., planning audits and developing, implementing, and maintaining programs and policies necessary to ensure the security of existing and newly deployed systems.
25% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.