IT Specialist (NETWORK) GS-2210-14 (MP)
Federal Student Aid
1 vacancy in the following location:
Work Schedule is Permanent - Full Time
Opened Wednesday 1/11/2017
Closes Wednesday 1/18/2017
Salary Range $112,021.00 to $145,629.00 / Per Year
Series & GradeGS-2210-14/14
Promotion Potential 14
Supervisory Status No
Who May Apply • Current federal civilian employees in the competitive service on permanent career or career-conditional appointments;
• Former federal employees with reinstatement eligibility;
• Current federal employees eligible under Interchange Agreements; and,
• Applicants eligible under special hiring authorities (Schedule A, etc.)
If you do not meet these categories, you may apply under announcement: FSA/TECH-2017-0018, which is open to all United States Citizens.
Control Number 462019200
Job Announcement Number FSA/Tech-2017-0020
About the Agency
At Federal Student Aid (FSA), we are proud sponsors of the American mind. As a principal office of the U.S. Department of Education (ED), FSA provides students and families financial assistance for higher education, and we promote the value of postsecondary education to society. We ensure that all eligible students and families can benefit from federal financial aid for education or training beyond high school.
FSA is the largest provider of student financial aid in the nation, providing billions each year in grants, loans, and work-study funds to students attending college or career schools. In Fiscal Year 2015, FSA delivered more than $128 billion in aid to almost 12 million students at more than 6,100 schools. FSA also manages and oversees a loan portfolio in excess of $1.2 trillion in outstanding loans, representing more than 193 million student loans to approximately 42 million borrowers.
If you join us, you will be among a team of experts responsible for helping millions of students achieve their goals. Every part of our team—including operations, student aid delivery and servicing, vendor and contract management, and budgeting and cost control—plays an essential role in achieving our mission.
FSA is the largest organization within ED and has approximately 1,300 employees located in our Washington, DC headquarters and in 10 regional offices throughout the country.
This position is located in the U.S. Department of Education, Office of Federal Student Aid (FSA), Technology Office (TO), Infrastructure Operations Group (IOG) in Washington,DC. It is established to perform specific activities within management of IT Networks and Citrix.
APPLICATION LIMIT: This vacancy announcement is limited to the first 50 applications received and will close at 11:59PM Eastern Time on the day that we receive the 50th application, or at 11:59PM Eastern Time on the listed closing date, whichever occurs first. The concurrently advertised vacancy announcement (FSA/TECH-2017-0018) is also limited to the first 50 applications received, and may close on a different date than this vacancy announcement if the application limit is reached prior to the listed closing date.
We encourage you to read this entire vacancy announcement prior to submitting your application.
As a IT Specialist-GS-2210-14 you will be responsible for the following:
- Serves as a senior-level network specialist and lead for all FSA firewall and Domain Name System (DNS) related requests implemented in both the FSA’s Data Center and the Department Data Center (EDUCATE). Conducts reviews of all FSA related DNS entries, both internal records configured, in the FSA domain as well as all internal and external records configured in the ED domain, and Firewall and Network device configuration files, to ensure proper compliance with FSA VDC Security and Hardening standards, Federal Information Processing Standard (FIPS), and National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) recommendations.
- Business Technical Lead for the FSA managed Citrix environments and Virtual Private Network (VPN). Leads architectural reviews of proposed changes as well as participate in technical review meetings and provide documented comments and concerns to Citrix Business Owner. Leads change and project management support of Citrix environments hosted at FSA’s Data Center. Participates in FSA Disaster Recovery (DR) testing of Citrix environments and develop supporting documentation. Drives performance for Citrix incidents not resolved within Service Level Agreements (SLA’s) determining root cause.
- Develops FSA-wide processes and procedures for assessing and reporting, on networks and Citrix and their usage, and implements changes or improvements. Develops, analyzes, and evaluates new or modified policies, regulations, goals, or objectives and leads associated implementation actions, to meet FSA IT program requirements.
- Prepares and presents a full range of management reports, briefs and communications for senior-level TO management’s consideration in making executive IT program decisions. Works cooperatively with senior staff to resolve problems, analyze alternatives, negotiate differences, and make improvements; performs special assignments and projects concerned with IOG or Technology Office functions.
- Performs assessments and evaluations which typically involve extensive coordination, and have a substantial effect outside the organization. Provides recommendations and work products associated with long-range plans; forecast program requirements, development of measurement concepts, and resolution of critical problems, concerning the objectives of the program and/or project.
How to Apply