The Lead Medical Supply Technician (Sterile Processing) works in support of the Sterile Processing Service (SPS) management team. Responsibilities includes the following:
- Distributes and prioritizes workload among employees in accordance with established workflow and/or job specializations.
- Assures an even workflow and distribution of the workload.
- Revises work schedules to meet anticipated and unanticipated changes in the workload.
- Assigns work to staff based on experience and training needs. Monitors and reports on the status of work.
- Ensures SOPs and SPS mandates are followed during the performance of workflow. Reviews work in progress or spot checks work not requiring review to ensure completed work meets supervisors' instructions on such things as work sequence, procedures, methods, and deadlines.
- Assesses the quality and quantity of work by reviewing the cleaning, reprocessing, and distribution of technical medical equipment, material and instrumentation.
- Provides information to management officials concerning performance issues, assignment changes and task completion. Instructs employees on work-related activities, policies, procedures, and goals. Leads sound quality and infection control programs, assuring that required cultures and tests are performed on all sterilized and High-Level Disinfected (HLD) items, and that proper packaging, handling, storage and recall procedures are maintained for all sterile items.
- Recommends work schedules and sequence of operations to provide an even flow and distribution of work, revising work schedules as needed to meet changes in unpredictable workload, changing priorities to meet schedules and customer needs, prepares workload and production reports, identifying the effects of meeting work schedules, plans and leads the work of all employees in the Preparation Unit, Decontamination Unit and Endoscope Reprocessing Area.
- Advises and recommends to SPS Supervisors actions relating to staff; e.g. promotions, reassignments, retention or release of probationary employees, stop increases, awards, workload affecting the staff assignments; resolves informal complaints of employees contacting gather level supervisor and labor management when appropriate.
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday, 12:00 pm to 8:30 pm. Required to work some weekends and holidays.
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.