Open & closing dates
Opening and closing dates
01/24/2020 to 03/31/2020
Pay scale & grade
$13 to $15 per hour
Permanent - This is a Flexible position and no guaranteed hours. A flexible employee serves in a continuing position on a scheduled or as needed basis.
Intermittent - This is a Flexible position 0-40 hours per week
Few vacancies in the following location:
This job is open to
U.S. citizens, nationals or those who owe allegiance to the U.S.
Clarification from the agency
US and Non US Citizens
This announcement will have bi-weekly cut-offs on Fridays, with the first cut-off date of 02/07/2020. All eligible applicants from that week will be referred to the hiring manager on the Monday after the cut-off date.
The Area of Consideration for this vacancy announcement is Worldwide. (Military Spouse Preference (MSP) and Involuntarily Separated Military Preference (ISMP) eligible candidates are included in the area of consideration.)
Learn more about this agency
These positions are located at Child and Youth Services - SKIES Unlimited
To better expedite the hiring process, we recommend including full contact information (name, address, phone number, email, etc.) for professional and personal references on your resume.
- Serves as the lead lifeguard for indoor and outdoor pools and works under the direction of the Installation Aquatics Program Manager.
- Performs lifeguarding duties and limited management functions. Ensures the safe operation of the pool, filtration system, water balance, pool chemistry and performs water test.
- Provides maximum surveillance of pool area and rescues swimmers and administers first aid as required.
- Answers questions of other employees on procedures, policies, and directives. Provides leadership, guidance and oversight in program operations. Provides on-the job training to new employees.
Conditions Of Employment
- Direct Deposit and Social Security Card is required.
- Meet qualification/eligibility/background requirements for this position.
- Satisfactorily complete an employment verification (E-Verify) check.
- Completed and signed DA Form 3433 is required prior to entrance on duty.
- Possess satisfactory completion of pre-employment background checks.
- All required certifications must be kept current.
- Must be 18 years of age by appointment date.
Possesses and maintains the following certifications: Lifeguarding and First Aid (American Red Cross or nationally recognized equivalent i.e. Star Guard, YMCA, or ELLIS); American Red Cross "Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation for the Professional; CPR for the Professional Rescuer/AED or equivalent (American Heart Association CPR/AED); First Aid. For Water Parks upgrade the certification to: 'Waterpark Lifeguarding and First Aid; CPR/PR/AED' (American Red Cross)In addition, for facilities that use Oxygen Administration "O2 bottles" the O2 Administration certification (American Red Cross "Oxygen Administration or installation offered training (i.e. Fire Dept.) must be obtained within two weeks of reporting for duty.Possesses and maintains the following certifications: Lifeguarding and First Aid (American Red Cross or nationally recognized equivalent i.e. Star Guard, YMCA, or ELLIS); American Red Cross "Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation for the Professional; CPR for the Professional Rescuer/AED or equivalent (American Heart Association CPR/AEDand First Aid); For Water Parks upgrade the certification to: (Waterpark Lifeguarding and First Aid; CPR/PR/AED) (American Red Cross)
Maintains certifications current by recertifying with the American Red Cross Lifeguarding and 1st Aid, CPR/PR/AED program before the certifications expiration date.
Possesses one or more Instructor rating (see below):
American Red Cross Lifeguard Instructor(LGTI) authorization; or American Red Cross Water Safety Instructor(WSI) authorization; or Aquatic Exercise Association Instructor authorization(AEA); or Adapted Aquatic Instructor authorization.
In addition, for facilities that use Oxygen Administration "O2 bottles" the O2 Administration certification (American Red Cross "Oxygen Administration") or or installation offered training (i.e. Fire Dept.)must be obtained within two weeks of reporting for duty. All of the above certifications/authorization must be kept current.
Lifeguarding and First Aid (American Red Cross or nationally recognized equivalent i.e. Star Guard, YMCA, or ELLIS)
- Manual Application: If you are unable to apply online, you may submit your application package using a manual application method. Please contact the NAF Human Resources Office or representative listed on this job announcement to request a copy of the manual application form. All completed manual application forms (along with resume and other supporting documentation) must be received no later than 1:00pm on the closing date of the announcement in order to process your application in a timely manner. Please note that neglecting to respond to the job related questions may result in an ineligible rating.
- Additional selections may be made from this vacancy announcement for up to 90 days after the closing date.
- Allowances, differentials, or incentives will not be paid.
- Payment Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is not authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government's interest.
- Please check out our Applicant Information Kit to view additional information you may find useful when applying for our jobs. (To view the kit, click: https://publicfileshare.chra.army.mil/index.php/s/uIDfgOMr6PWHHGS/download?path=/&files=NAF Applicant Information Kit.pdf ). (If URL does not work, please copy and paste into browser).
- Applications are valid for 90 days after submission date. Applicants will be referred to selecting officials as additional vacancies occur.
How You Will Be Evaluated
Applicants can claim the following eligibilities:
- NAF Preference - Involuntarily Separated From the Military
- NAF Preference - Spouse Employment Preference (SEP)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Business Based Action
- NAF Priority Consideration - Current Appropriated Funds Employee CNE (APF)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Current/Former NAF Employee (CNE/FNE)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Outside Applicant Veteran (OAV)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Parent of a Veteran (OAV)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Spouse/Widow(er) of a Veteran (OAV)
Background checks and security clearance
The following documents must be submitted with your application:
Optional: Job Application (DA Form 3433) will be accepted in place of a Resume.
The below items are accepted and may be needed to support a qualification and/or a claimed priority/preference:
- Cover Letter
- DD-214/ Statement of Service
- Diploma/ GED
- DA Form 3433, PCS Orders to Fort Hood, Marriage Certificate
- DD214 Member 2 or 4
- Lifeguard and First Aid Certification required within 2 weeks of reporting for duty
- PCS Orders
- Reasonable Accommodation Documentation
- Separation Notice (RIF)
- SF-50/ Notification of Personnel Action
How to Apply
How to Apply
You may submit your application package using one of the two methods identified below:
- Electronically (preferred) at https://www.usajobs.gov/ and search for Vacancy Number (VIN): 10704085. Announcement closes at 11:59 PM Eastern Time on the closing date listed on this announcement.
- Manually: Please refer to the "Additional Information" section of this announcement for instructions.
Your resume will be reviewed to verify that qualification requirements have been met. We appreciate your interest in this position!
Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy And gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process should follow the instructions in the job opportunity announcement. For any part of the remaining hiring process, applicants should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change in the workplace or the way things are customarily done that provides an equal employment opportunity to an individual with a disability. Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) must provide reasonable accommodations:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
Legal and regulatory guidance