The United States Attorney's Office (USAO)/Executive Office for United States' Attorneys (EOUSA) is a great place to work. The Department of Justice ranked #3 out of 19 large agencies and EOUSA/United States Attorneys' Offices ranked #43 out of 320 agency subcomponents in a study, "The Best Places to Work in the Federal Government, 2015 Ratings" published by the Partnership for Public Service. See http://bestplacestowork.org/BPTW/index.php.
For more information on the Department of Justice and the United States Attorneys' Offices, visit http://www.justice.gov/usao/.
As needed, additional positions may be filled using this announcement.
This position is also being announced under Merit Promotion Procedures under 17-EDMO-2004618-MS.
To view the entire announcement, including instructions on how to apply, click on tabs above.
This announcement will close on the day the 50th application is received or on the closing date, whichever occurs first.
Learn more about this agency
If selected for this position, you will join a well-respected team that is responsible for collecting debts owed to victims of crime and the United States. This position is assigned to the Financial Litigation Unit, United States Attorney's Office, Eastern District of Missouri.
Typical work assignments will include:
- reviewing claims for legal merit and compliance with the Federal Debt Collection Procedures Act;
- performing research and analysis of financial information;
- preparing a variety of formal legal documents, ensuring proper format, spelling, and grammar;
- communicating with both debtors and victims;
- obtaining and analyzing financial information on debtors to determine ability to pay;
- participating in decisions concerning post-judgment remedies, such as garnishments;
- making recommendations regarding settlements, write-offs, and liquidations;
- utilizing various computerized financial databases; and
- conducting skip tracing.
Responsibilities will increase and assignments will become more complex as your training and experience progress.
Occasional travel - Occasional travel may be required.