OUR MISSION: To fulfill President Lincoln's promise - "To care for him who shall have borne the battle and for his widow, and his orphan" - by serving and honoring the men and women who are America's Veterans. How would you like to become a part of a team providing compassionate care to Veterans?
Learn more about this agency
The Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) provides safe, individualized recovery-oriented nursing care to patients on the inpatient mental health units.
The incumbent will possess the knowledge and ability to appropriately carry out patient care duties based on psychiatric and medical conditions; to use judgment in selecting the appropriate order and sequence of procedures and treatments; and to accurately recognize, report, and record relevant patient information.
The duties include; but are not limited to:
1. Develops and maintains therapeutic relationships with Veterans and their families/significant others.
2. Attends treatment team meetings and collaborates with treatment team to modify the Veteran's treatment plans as clinically indicated.
3. Documents nursing plan of care in Mental Health Suite.
4. Administers and monitors for effectiveness and reactions to psychotropic medications and other prescribed medications. Complies with BCMA and medication administration policies and procedures.
5. Recognizes the need to notify the RN/Provider based on observations of the patient's physical and mental health needs.
6. Initiates appropriate practical nursing care based on observations of the patient's physical and mental health needs.
7. Determines the immediate need for intervention and notifies the RN accordingly.
8. Completes and documents environment of care rounds as assigned.
9. Documents practical nursing care in a responsible, accountable manner.
10. Maintain PMDB certification.
Duties at grade levels 3-5 will be performed under close supervision.
Work Schedule: Evening or Night shift to include weekends and holidays.
Financial Disclosure Report: Not Required