1 vacancy in the following location:
OUR MISSION: To fulfill President Lincoln's promise - "To care for him who shall have borne the battle and for his widow, and his orphan" - by serving and honoring the men and women who are America's Veterans. How would you like to become a part of a team providing compassionate care to Veterans?
Learn more about this agency
Spokane is a family-oriented city located in beautiful eastern Washington with a regional population of 470,000. Our four season climate and pristine surroundings offer an abundance of exceptional recreation opportunities. Spokane is known for its affordable housing and excellent schools and universities, as well as being the regional arts and cultural center. Set an early tee time at any of the scenic and well-designed golf courses in the area, then walk, bike or canoe along the Centennial Trail. Cool off in one of 76 regional lakes, camp in gorgeous state parks, wrestle with whitewater rapids and ski through fresh powder. Enjoy the vibrant arts and entertainment scene. Take a walk around Riverfront Park and then catch a performance of the Spokane Symphony, see a show at the Opera House or take in a play at the Civic Theater. The indoor and outdoor possibilities are limitless!
The SCC LPN is responsible for observing, recording and reporting changes in the patient's condition, as well as assisting in the development and revision of the patient-driven holistic care plan for life. The LPN demonstrates active collaboration and communication with the Core Team (Patient, Specialty Care Provider, RN Care Coordinator and the Clerical Associate) and the Expanded Team (family/caregiver, internal and community based services involved in providing care to the patient). The LPN must have the ability to react to situations in accordance with established policies and procedures, and ability to appropriately use this knowledge to work effectively with a wide range of patients. Additional functions the SCC LPN will be proficient/independent in include:
- Utilizing all available tools, such as care management tool, to enable effective and efficient identification, intervention, and follow-up of individual patients and cohorts.
- Ensuring appropriate evaluation and access is provided to patients assigned to specialty clinics as assigned.
- Functioning at the full extent of the team member's relevant clinical privileges, credentials, scopes of practice, elements of practice, certification, functional statement, position description, or other VHA or local facility approved documentation of competency.
- Participating in team performance improvement and sustainment activities to optimize team efficiency and care delivery to patients.
- Technically proficient in initiating, performing and completing care of the veteran population
- Recognizes and reports unsafe equipment, conditions, and practice.
- Actively seeks out educational opportunities to enhance nursing knowledge and skills, and shares with other staff to improve and advance nursing practice.
- Perform specialty care operations management processes, as appropriate independently with little direct supervision.
- Perform communications and facilitate safe transitions of patients between the SCC site of care and other health care settings, using informal and formal communication methods, as appropriate.
- Providing health education and health coaching on wellness, disease prevention, chronic care management, and self-management skills to patients and personal support persons, commensurate with the documented expertise or professional training of the SCC member.
- Engaging patients in using health care, encouraging patients to engage personal support persons, receiving input from patients and personal support persons regarding VA care.
- Using formal and informal communications that are respectful, effective, timely, and bidirectional with all team members to convey significant, clinically relevant information for the care of the patient.
- Collaborating with informatics technology staff to develop and implement systematized, electronically supported, standardized, tools to support SCC care delivery processes.
- Serves as a preceptor in orienting, educating, and training less experienced LPNs and NAs/HTs related to support duties for more complex, specialized tests/procedures.
- Documents in a timely, accurate, and concise manner.
- Performs daily duties and quality controls including but not limited to:
- Gather information from non-scheduled patients such as a chief complaint and history of symptoms to document and communicate information to the Registered Nurse.
- Check patients in for appointments and gather vital signs.
- Orders labs and diagnostic tests appropriate for the LPN scope of practice following policy/SOP.
- Set up for major and minor office procedures/assist and chaperone.
- Daily inventory for specific items on hand
- Maintaining contact with needed departments for supplies.
- Track the progress and flow of equipment going in and out of the clinic
- Ensure equipment is in working order, f/u for timely repair/replacement if needed.
- Assists RN in consult follow up and scheduling patients.
- Monitors surgical patients ensuring appropriate scheduling for follow-up including pre-operative and post-operative appointments.
- Coordinating with OR staff to appropriately schedule surgical patients.
- Serve as a surrogate for Nurse Care Coordinator during periods of leave and responding to patients within LPN scope of practice; following up with covering RN or physician if needed.
- Work with Transgender Team in schedule appointments in the WHC. Administering Goserelin (Zoladex) Implant's/injections every weeks/12 weeks.
- Preparing/facilitating correspondence between physicians/Clinic/Case Manager.
- Answer view alerts/secure messages within 24-72 hrs.
- Perform reminders as appropriate.
- Perform daily huddle with team.
- Promote non-face to face visit support.
- Perform pre-appointment phone calls.
- Stocking supplies
Work Schedule: 7:30AM - 4:00PM, M-F
Financial Disclosure Report: Not Required
How to Apply
Fair & Transparent
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply,
Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.