Vacancy Identification Number (VIN): 2010820
Note: First consideration will be given to internal applicants of the Amarillo VA Health Care System and it's Community Based Outpatient Clinics (CBOCs).
OUR MISSION: To fulfill President Lincoln's promise – "To care for him who shall have borne the battle, and for his widow, and his orphan" – by serving and honoring the men and women who are America's Veterans. How would you like to become a part of a team providing compassionate care to Veterans?
As a VA professional, your opportunities are endless. Not only is it the largest, most technologically advanced integrated health care system in the Nation, but we also provide many other services to Veterans through the Benefits Administration and National Cemeteries. VA professionals feel good about their careers and their ability to balance work and home life. VA offers generous paid time off and a variety of predictable and flexible scheduling opportunities. For more information on the Department of Veterans Affairs, go to http://www.vacareers.va.gov/
Amarillo has something for everyone: Arts and Culture, family fun, heritage/history, and outdoor adventures. Amarillo is centrally located from skiing the New Mexico and Colorado Mountains, as well as being centrally located to Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex, Albuquerque NM, Denver CO and Oklahoma City, OK. Amarillo residents enjoy big city life with small town atmosphere with a low cost of living and no state income tax.
DISCOVER AMARILLO at:
VA encourages persons with disabilities to apply. The health related positions in VA are covered by Title 38, and are not covered by the Schedule A excepted appointment authority.
Learn more about this agency
The Amarillo VA Healthcare System is currently recruiting for Licensed Vocational Nurses (LVN) for the Childress Outpatient Clinic. Our facility is seeking individuals who will possess the skills and attributes needed to successfully perform the major duties and responsibilities of the position to include but not limited to:
- In conjunction with the RN will be responsible for the hands on direct care of outpatient clinic patients to include phlebotomy.
- Working supportively as a team member.
- Collecting and reporting patient information in a timely and effective manner.
- Performing complex practical nursing care assignments such as, but not limited to: insertion of foley catheter, bladder scan, perform ear lavage, wound care, superficial suture removal.
- Acting as a receptionist telephonically.
- Responding to both employee and patient concerns.
- Providing solutions to process problems as they affect day-to-day operations.
- Utilizing computerized programs and databases in order to enter, modify, and retrieve sensitive information and various data into or from electronic medical records, scheduling systems, and/or reporting formats.
- Maintaining patient confidentiality with written and verbal information, per HIPAA requirements.
- Coordinating scheduling/rescheduling of veteran appointments ensuring no lapse in care.
- May be responsible for presenting data to various organizational levels.
- Working potentially extended periods of continued walking, standing, stooping, sitting, bending, pulling and pushing.
- Notifies his/her supervisor when clinic access is less than desirable or if an individual patient cannot be scheduled within mandated timeframes.
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday 8:00 am to 4:30 pm.
Functional Statement Title: Licensed Vocational Nurse – Childress Outpatient Clinic
Bargaining Unit: Covered under AFGE.