This position will be filled as an NH-04 Low, with a starting salary of $103,842 to $113,324 (includes 17.82% locality), unless statutory or regulatory rates prevail.
- Do you enjoy challenges and seek opportunities?
- Are identifying problems, analyzing facts, and making recommendations some of your strong suits?
- Would you like to obtain the rare opportunity to participate in some of the greatest technological achievements developed?
- Would you like to serve your country and defend freedom in one of the most critical efforts in history?
If you answered yes, then this job is for you! The Missile Defense Agency's mission is to develop an integrated layered Ballistic Missile Defense System to defend the United States, its deployed forces, allies and friends. We are seeking prepared, talented, and motivated Analysts who seek challenges and opportunities. You will earn a competitive salary and enjoy outstanding benefits while working alongside some of the brightest, most motivated thinkers of our time.
In this position, you will be a Logistics Management Specialist, assigned to the MDA Logistics Support Directorate (MDA/DPL), matrixed to the Terminal High Altitude Area Defense (THAAD), Program Office, to direct, develop and perform multi-functional logistics management operations that include planning, coordinating, and evaluating the logistics actions required to support the Missile Defense Agency (MDA) Foreign Military Sales (FMS) goals and mission.
The position(s) covered by this vacancy announcement is in the Department of Defense (DoD) Acquisition Workforce Personnel Demonstration Project (AcqDemo). For more information please see: ACQDEMO
This position is being filled under the Acquisition Expedited Hiring Authority (EHA) using OPM's Direct Hire Authority.
This position is located in the Missile Defense Agency, Logistics Support Directorate (MDA/DPL), matrixed to the Terminal High Altitude Area Defense (THAAD) Program Office.
Learn more about this agency
As a Logistics Management Specialist you will be responsible for the following duties:
- Advise the FMS organizations within the MDA on matters related to developing the Total Package Approach to Letters of Offer and Acceptance (LOA) for current and future FMS Cases.
- Identify the specific requirements for funding, manpower, materiel, facilities, and services required to support the FMS Program Manager's cost, schedule and performance objectives.
- Correlate objectives with Program plans to assure that the required logistics support is provided at the right time.
- Coordinate and evaluate logistics support in consideration of the twelve Integrated Product Support Elements (maintenance planning and management; manpower and personnel; supply support; support equipment; technical data; training and training support; computer resources support; facilities and infrastructure; packaging, handling, storage, and transportation; design interface; sustaining engineering, and product support management) in accordance with Department of Defense and FMS policies.
- Coordinate with Military Departments and International Logistics Control Offices to facilitate the execution of MDA FMS Programs.
Occasional travel - As Mission Requires