The Defense Logistics Agency (DLA) is a U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) agency. DLA provides worldwide logistics support for the missions of the Military Departments and the Unified Combatant Commands under conditions of peace and war. It also provides logistics support to other DoD Components and certain Federal agencies, foreign governments, international organizations, and others as authorized.
Learn more about this agency
As a Logistics Management Specialist, you will be responsible for the following duties:
This is an Expeditionary Civilian (EC) position. The incumbent will be designated as Emergency Essential. In the event of a crisis situation, the incumbent may be required to deploy via temporary reassignment or be required to stay in place to support contingency operations. The incumbent may be required to take part in readiness exercises. This position cannot be vacated during a national emergency or mobilization without seriously impairing the capability of the organization to function effectively; therefore, the position requires the incumbent to be screened from military recall. Military Reservists selected for an EC position must arrange for a military deployment waiver from the Secretary Service level or transfer to the IRR Standby Reserve prior to appointment to an EC position. The waiver or transfer will remain in effect while assigned to the EC position. This requirement must be met prior to placement in an EC position. Positions identified as EE are subject to deployment to combat support situations. Deployment will be via Temporary Duty (TDY) orders. Deployment may entitle the employee to additional monetary compensation dependent upon the deployment location. Additional allocations are based on the Department of State's determination of a combat zone.
- Serve as the Operational Logistics Planner for the DLA Land and Maritime.
- Provide advice and technical guidance to direct the design, development, execution and promulgation of detailed Class IX (Repair Parts) concepts of operation and logistical supportability analyses.
- Assist in the development of policy and procedures for the implementation of emergency action plans, continuity of operations, readiness reporting, supportability analysis and logistics support.
- Responsible to test and assure DLA Land and Maritime capability to support the National Military Command System, Combatant Commanders, Services, DLA and designated Federal agencies during emergency, wartime and/or exercise conditions.
- Facilitate the DLA Land and Maritime Operational Planning Team to develop planning products including mission analysis, course of action development and analysis, detailed CL IX concepts of support and logistical supportability analyses.
50% or less - Travel may be required.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…
Current Permanent DoD Federal Employee (In Commuting Area). ICTAP (Must be in Commuting Area). Individuals eligible for the following Special Appointing Authorities are not required to be in the commuting area: Individuals with Disabilities, 30% Disabled Vet or more, Veterans Employment Opportunities Act (VEOA) http://www.dla.mil/Portals/104/Documents/Careers/downloads/AOC%20Eligibility%20Definitions%2020140611.pdf
Questions? This job is open to 3 groups.