The foundation for success of the Defense Commissary Agency (DeCA) mission is our people. It is DeCA's goal to have a workforce that is representative of the nation's diverse cultures and backgrounds. We strive for a work environment of world-class enterprise leaders and an engaged, highly motivated, and capable workforce with a results oriented performance culture.
Learn more about this agency
The DeCA operates a worldwide commissary system that provides quality grocery products at cost to active duty military personnel and retirees, members of the Reserve and National Guard, and their families. The agency employs about 18,000 people and its annual sales exceed $6 billion.
Employees Serviced by DLA: Civilian Federal employees who receive human resources servicing through the Defense Logistics Agency do NOT need to submit supporting documentation if applying through merit promotion. Your record in Electronic Official Personnel Folder (eOPF) will be used to verify your eligibility. It is your responsibility to ensure the required documents are in your eOPF for verification purposes. If your documents are not in eOPF, you must submit them at time of application. Failure to submit all of the documents on time will result in automatic disqualification.
All current and former Federal employees must submit a copy of your latest SF-50 showing your tenure, grade and step, and type of position occupied (i.e., Excepted or Competitive).
- Assist journeyman meatcutters by performing the simpler tasks when processing, beef, pork, veal, and lamb into retail and ready to eat cuts for sale to patrons.
- Tray, wrap, weigh, and price cuts using automatic or manual wrapping machines.
- Ensure correct prices by referencing price lists.
- Replenish stock in display cases and rotates product to ensure wholesomeness.
- Use, clean, maintain, and sharpen a variety of hand tools and power equipment.
- Clean and sanitize work area to maintain required standards of cleanliness and sanitation.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…
This Announcement is Open to: Current appointable DeCA employees with Career Status or Career conditional status and Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA) applicant.
Questions? This job is open to 3 groups.