This is a re-advertisement of NWS-SR-2018-0021. You must apply to this announcement in order to be considered.
Learn more about this agency
This position is located in the National Weather Service (NWS), Weather Forecast Office (WFO).
If you are selected for a position with further promotion potential, you may be non-competitively promoted if you perform successfully and if recommended by management.
*A one year probationary period may be required.
*Payment of relocation expenses is not authorized.
*This position is in the bargaining unit.
*This vacancy may be used to fill other Meteorologist (Intern), GS-1340-05/07 FPL 11 positions throughout NOAA. The position must be alike (e.g.: within the same geographic locations, same grade/band requires the same qualifications as indicated in this vacancy announcement).
As a Meteorologist (Intern), you will perform the following duties:
- Interpret and analyze the effects of surface and upper-air data and other hydro meteorological phenomena to assist with developing weather, water, and climate forecasts and products.
- Observe and record atmospheric conditions to support office operations.
- Operate hydrometeorological observing equipment including radar.
- Operate communications systems to provide assistance with public outreach and weather briefings to a variety of customers.
- Support and participate in office Cooperative Observing and Climate programs.
These duties are described at the GS-07 level, the GS-05 is developmental leading to such performance.
Occasional travel - Travel may be required for training