Do you desire to protect American interests and secure our Nation while building a meaningful and rewarding career? If so, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) is calling.
DHS components work collectively to prevent terrorism, secure borders, enforce and administer immigration laws, safeguard cyberspace and ensure resilience to disasters. The vitality and magnitude of this mission is achieved by a diverse workforce spanning hundreds of occupations. Make an impact; join DHS.
Discover a challenging and rewarding career with the U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP), the sole organization responsible for securing the nation's borders. At CBP, we:
- Secure and facilitate trade and travel while enforcing hundreds of U.S. regulations, including immigration and drug laws
- Seize illegal narcotics, vehicles, and agricultural products
- Prevent unauthorized entry into the country
- Rescue individuals who fall into dangerous conditions traversing our border
For more information about CBP's mission, activities, and careers, please visit our website at: http://www.cbp.gov/.
Who May Apply: Status Candidates which include:
- Current DHS employees with competitive status;
- Current and former DHS employees who meet the established criteria of an Office of Personnel Management Interchange Agreement.
For definitions of terms found in this announcement, please see
Organizational Location: This position is with the Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Customs and Border Protection, Office of Finance located in Washington, DC.
Note: One or more selections may be made using this job opportunity announcement.
- Providing organizational support to the Assistant Commissioner (AC)/Chief Financial Officer (CFO), including managing the calendar, ensuring appropriate briefing materials are provided and coordinating logistics to make sure business is conducted efficiently and effectively;
- Assisting in developing a wide variety of briefing materials to be used by the Assistant Commissioner/Chief Financial Officer in meetings at conferences and in making decisions and disseminating information;
- Preparing follow up correspondence to external/internal sources from meetings attended by the AC/CFO of Deputy AC/ CFO. Reviewing and tracking correspondence and other materials which require the signature and/or approval of the AC/CFO to assure accuracy as well as conformance to administrative guidelines and responsiveness to inquiries, returning all materials to the originating office with changes as appropriate;
- Serving the Front Office primary office point of contact, answering all incoming phone calls, responding to email and mailing correspondence and receiving visitors in a prompt and courteous manner, directing them to appropriate staff member(s) and providing oversight and discretion to those involving the AC/CFO; and
- Preparing a variety of reports by retrieving and compiling data, conducting preliminary analysis, and presenting conclusions and recommendations for the front office.