Open & closing dates
01/12/2018 to 01/26/2018
$110,231 to $204,829 per year
Pay scale & grade
Full-Time - Full-time.
Permanent - Schedule B appointment in the excepted service; included in the bargaining unit.
1 vacancy in the following location:
U.S. Department of the Treasury has a distinguished history dating back to the founding of our nation. As the steward of U.S. economic and financial systems, Treasury is a major and influential leader in today's global economy. We have over 100,000 employees across the country and around the world and we celebrate each individual’s identities and experiences. Our core value of inclusive diversity encourages our employees to be themselves and innovate from their unique perspectives. Come Join the Department of the Treasury and Invest in Tomorrow.
As a National Bank Examiner/Bank Examiner (Asset Management), you will serve as an expert resource providing technical advice, guidance and support for asset management activities.
Chief National Bank Examiner, Deputy Comptroller Market Risk, Washington, D.C.
Learn more about this agency
- This is not an entry-level or developmental position. This position is at the full-performance level.
Citizenship: Consistent with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986 and other applicable laws, applicants who are U.S. citizens and U.S. nationals will be preferred over equally qualified applicants who are not U.S. citizens or U.S. nationals. Non-U.S. citizens may apply for employment, but should be advised that appointments of non-U.S. citizens are unusual and are subject to strict security requirements. OCC follows Federal law on the employment of non-U.S. citizens. Under current OCC policy, which follows Federal law, only “U.S. citizens and non-U.S. citizens who are permanent U.S. residents actively seeking U.S. citizenship as outlined in 8 U.S.C. § 1324b(3)(b)” are eligible for employment. (This requirement does not apply to applicants who were Federal officers or employees on or before January 17, 2014.) If offered employment, you will be asked to provide evidence of your status.
- Click all links in this vacancy announcement to view additional information and instructions.
- Please refer to “Conditions of Employment”.
- Click "Print" to review the entire announcement before applying.
Salary range includes 20% geographical pay.
As a National Bank Examiner/Bank Examiner (Asset Management), you will:
- Provide policy development, interpretation, advice and training on asset management policies and guidance, including industry practices, emerging issues, trends, and areas of significant risk to the banking industry as they relate to personal fiduciary and custody relationships; conflicts of interest; investment management; retail non-deposit arrangements; corporate trust; and/or employee benefit and retirement services. Provide authoritative interpretation of asset management policies and guidance.
- Maintain expert knowledge of asset management, including practices, emerging risks and trends by establishing and maintaining relationships with a network of OCC technical experts, OCC field examiners, and interagency bank regulatory experts. Work on cross functional teams with other technical risk experts and subject matter experts from other business lines to monitor and safeguard against emerging risks and trends in the banking industry, such as technological advancements, global competition, investment risks, and evolving state trust laws.
- Serve as a liaison and expert resource to OCC senior management officials, field examiners, technical risk experts, the banking industry and other federal regulatory agencies. Conduct classroom training, present briefings and training at conferences, seminars and district meetings on current asset management industry practices, policies, and risks. Conduct outreach to the banking industry by attending, presenting, training and participating as panel member at industry conferences, annual and quarterly meetings and presentations of such organizations as the Fiduciary Investment Risk Management (FIRMA), the American Bankers Association (ABA), Federal Financial Institutions Examination Council (FFIEC), etc.
- Prepare briefing materials, testimonies, speeches and presentations for the Comptroller, Deputy Comptroller, Chief National Bank Examiner and other OCC representatives who testify before Congressional committees and who present at industry, trade association, and community group conferences and policy meetings on asset management, programs focusing on bank supervision and the financial industry.
25% or less - Travel overnight or locally.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…
Open to all qualified persons. U.S. Citizens and U.S. Nationals will be preferred over equally qualified applicants who are not U.S. citizens or U.S. nationals. See Key Information below for additional information. This opportunity is also open to current OCC employees under Announcement MP-HQ-PW-18-1280. Please refer to that announcement for details on open period, eligibility, and how to apply.
Questions? This job is open to 1 group.
How to Apply
Fair & Transparent