Open & closing dates
Opening and closing dates
10/23/2020 to 04/23/2021
Pay scale & grade
$33.94 to $101.55 per hour
Multiple Appointment Types
Many vacancies in the following locations:
Fort Rucker, AL
Maxwell AFB, AL
Fort Benning, GA
Fort Stewart, GA
Fort Campbell, KY
Fort Knox, KY
Camp Lejeune, NC
Fort Bragg, NC
West Point, NY
Fort Buchanan, PR
Fort Jackson, SC
Laurel Bay, SC
Fort Campbell, TN
This job is open to
U.S. citizens, nationals or those who owe allegiance to the U.S.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION: If you are interested in applying, please follow this link: https://webapps.dodea.edu/eas/login.cfm
Learn more about this agency
DO NOT apply via USAJOBS.
Applications submitted to USAJOBS WILL NOT receive consideration.
- Participates in the establishment, management, and evaluation of a comprehensive school health program;
- Selects, adapts, or modifies teaching methods or materials that experience indicates will be most effective in teaching the assigned grade level(s) and subject matter;
- Adheres to and, when applicable, implements safety and security procedures; contributes to creating a school climate conducive to learning, achievement, and citizenship;
- Collaborates with teachers and other school personnel to interpret pupil health status and provides guidance concerning adjustment and management of educational and health programs for students with special needs;
- Provides emergency care of illness or injury occurring during school hours according to standard first aid guidelines;
- Performs other duties as assigned
Conditions Of Employment
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959, must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Requirement.
- Proof of U.S. Citizenship required.
- Direct deposit of pay is required.
- Two year trial or probationary period may be required.
- Appointment subject to a suitability/fitness determination, as determined by a background investigation.
- This position requires a Tier 1 (T1) investigation with Childcare Checks since its duties require interaction with children and youth under the age of eighteen (18) years of age.
- This position is a Testing Designated position subject to applicant testing and random drug testing. You will be required to sign a DA Form 5019 requiring participation in random drug urinalysis testing.
Who May Apply: U.S. Citizens
Applicant must have a bachelors' degree in nursing (BSN) and hold current Registered Nurse (RN) license issued by a State Board of Nursing OR a school nurse license issued by a State Board of Education. Current state RN licensure must be provided and maintained throughout employment with DoDEA. Applicants should have a minimum of one year experience as a school nurse or school nurse substitute in a Pre-K-12 school setting. If the applicant has a baccalaureate degree in other than nursing AND current RN license, the applicant must have at least one year school nurse experience. A second teacher category is not required.
FOREIGN EDUCATION: If you are using education completed in foreign colleges or universities to meet the qualification requirements, you must show the education credentials have been evaluated by a private organization that specializes in interpretation of foreign education programs and such education has been deemed equivalent to that gained in an accredited U.S. education program; or full credit has been given for the courses at a U.S. accredited college or university. For further information, visit: http://www.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ous/international/usnei/us/edlite-visitus-forrecog.html
DoDEA Employment Application System (EAS) - To apply go to:
EAS allows educators seeking employment with the Department of Defense Education Activity (DoDEA) the ability to submit and manage their applications in an online environment. EAS provides the applicant the ability to update their information each year.
All DoDEA applicants may view their applications online and make changes to their application at any time.
To view your application:
- View application: click here https://webapps.dodea.edu/EAS/login.cfm
- Once there, log on as a returning user (not as a new applicant) with your user name and password.
- Username - your last name and last 4 digits of your social security number, e.g. smith0000
- Password - whatever you chose (if you forgot your password, you can click on "Forgot Your Password" on the login screen under returning user).
The following documents must be uploaded to your online EAS application. You must submit all required documents; otherwise your application will be considered incomplete.
1. Online EAS application - Required
2. Official Transcripts - Required
3. Copy of State or Territory Certification/License or DoDEA License
4. Eligibility documentation (SF-50, DD-214, etc.) - If applicable to you (Eligibility documentation may contain: Copy of latest SF-50, Notification of Personnel Action, if applicant has current or previous Federal civil service experience.
*Photocopy of all OFFICIAL undergraduate and graduate college/university transcripts (front and back) with announcement number stated on them. To receive the maximum allowable credit you must include all transcripts (front and back) for each degree earned to include any additional courses currently in progress. Any transcripts submitted that are not in English or not official will be removed from the application and will not be considered. (Transcripts must be in English).
Applicants claiming 5-point veteran's preference must submit a copy of DD-214 (copy member 4), Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty. Applicants claiming 10-point veteran's preference must submit DD-214 and Standard Form 15, form available online under forms at http://www.opm.gov/Forms/pdf_fill/SF15.pdf). Application for 10-Point Preference, as well as the required documentation indicated on the SF-15. Lack of supporting documentation will result in the agency's inability to recognize veteran status for this announcement.
Note: Applicants may not be considered or rated if they do not submit all of the forms indicated above and failure to submit the required forms will not be a basis for subsequent appeal or grievance.
How You Will Be Evaluated
Once your complete application is received (via EAS) and the announcement has closed, we will conduct an evaluation of your qualifications and determine your ranking. The most highly qualified candidates will be referred to the hiring manager for further consideration and possible interview as vacancies occur.
Background checks and security clearance
- Online EAS application
- Official Transcripts
- State board Registered Nurse (RN) license or school nurse license issued by a State Board of Education
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding.
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
How to Apply
How to Apply
DoDEA Employment Application System (EAS) - Apply now: https://webapps.dodea.edu/EAS/login.cfm
You will receive consideration for this vacancy for School Year 2020/2021
Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy And gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process should follow the instructions in the job opportunity announcement. For any part of the remaining hiring process, applicants should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Learn more about disability employment and reasonable accommodations or how to contact an agency.
Legal and regulatory guidance