Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
About the Position:
This position is located at Madigan Army Medical Center, Department of Medicine, Cardiology Services, Tacoma, Washington.
Cardiac Catheterization Laboratory Call Coverage: You will provide on call availability for emergencies in the Cardiac Catheterization Laboratory. Call will consist of coverage for the catheterization laboratory on a 24 hour basis. Call schedule will be, on average, for a total of one week out of every month.
Tacoma is a progressive city of 200,000 nestled between Seattle and the state capital of Olympia, offering the attractions of larger metropolitan areas with a hometown feel. Tacoma is located 32 miles south of Seattle, 31 miles north of our state capital, Olympia, and 18 miles south of Sea-Tac International Airport, on the shores of Commencement Bay, within pristine eyesight of Mount Rainier. World-class museums, hotels and theaters draw thousands to downtown Tacoma while the shores of the Puget Sound and Mount Rainier inspire outdoor enthusiasts. Enjoy the mild climate and its excellent schools, universities, parks, festivals and regional shopping centers.
On January 1, 2013, Madigan Healthcare Systems became a tobacco free campus. This includes all tobacco products and electronic nicotine delivery devices such as "e-cigarettes." As part of this new policy and Madigan's commitment to employees and their health, newly hired staff may take advantage of one free tobacco cessation class.
Who May Apply: U.S. Citizens
As a Nurse (Clinical/Ambulatory), you will:
- Provide highly specialized diagnostic and laboratory services to patients with cardiac and vascular diseases.
- Administer special medications via oral, intramuscular, subcutaneous, intradermal, or intravenous push routes.
- Coordinate with the health care team to provide a safe, comfortable and therapeutic environment to meet the physical and psychological needs of patients.
- Delegate tasks and direct work of technologists in physicians' absence.
- Supervise and run educational classes for patient(s) on heart disease, medication therapy and side effects, low sodium diet, and daily weight monitoring.