The incumbent is a member of the nursing team, working a rotating tour of duty that will be dependent on the assigned work area, and may be assigned to other areas as needed. Multiple vacancies exist in the facility that include Extended Care & Rehab, Medical-Surgical, and Mental Health.
Learn more about this agency
The incumbent responsibilities include:
- Observes the need for and provides appropriate and timely routine patient care including ADLs, transport, vital signs, dietary, and other care according to the nursing care plans and as assigned with supervision, consulting the Registered Nurse for direction and evaluation when appropriate.
- Focus is on tasks as prioritized by the nursing team.
- Provides one to one staffing for patients needing increased supervision as assigned.
- Helps establish treatment goals and provides the personalized care necessary to meet those goals.
- Establishes a therapeutic relationship with patients and families.
- Observes, reports, and records patient condition, patient interactions, patient teaching and subtle changes to the patient's status in response to treatment and procedures.
- Acts with the knowledge and skills necessary to provide patient contact that is appropriate to the cognitive, physical, emotional, and chronological maturation needs of adult (18-64) and senior adult (65+) patients.
Work Schedule by work area:
- Extended Care & Rehab (Community Living Center): Full time (2 positions), Day/Night, rotating weekend and holidays; hours of duty to be further discussed during interview
- Medical-Surgical (3 Main): Part-time/.3 (1 position), Day/Night, rotating weekend and holidays; hours of duty may be 7:00am-3:30pm or 1:00pm-9:30pm. Flexibility of the incumbent is required.
- Mental Health (4B Inpatient): Full time (1 position), Day/Night, rotating weekend and holidays; hours of duty to be further discussed during interview.
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Functional Statement Title: Nursing Assistant / 000000
Bargaining Unit Position: Yes
Relocation/Retention Incentive: Not Authorized