This position is a Pharmacist located in the Pharmacy Unit, Division of Clinical Services of the White Earth, Naytahwaush and Pine Point clinics, and reports to the Chief Pharmacist.
Learn more about this agency
This position is being announced concurrently under Direct Hire procedures. Please review vacancy announcement number IHS-18-BJ-10265523-ESEP/MP for eligibility requirements. NOTE: Applicants must apply separately for each announcement in order to be considered
- Interprets prescriptions and selects, prepares and dispenses medications and drugs as prescribed; specifies and labels directions and precautions of contents
- Counsels patients on use, storage, cautions and side effects of medications dispensed
- Reviews patient medical records
- Conducts clinic-authorized outpatient pharmacy services (i.e., Anticoagulation and Tobacco Cessation clinics)
- Evaluates treatment plans; monitors response; recommends changes to optimize medication safety and efficacy and improve health outcomes of patients
- Identifies drug-related problems and plans to resolve.
- Documents all clinical activities, update problem lists, and update medication allergy information in the electronic health record
- Orders and interprets laboratory tests
- Provides formal and informal education and in-services to medical staff, pharmacy, and nursing staff
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.