Learn more about this agency
The Chief of the Anesthesiology at the Central Arkansas Veterans Healthcare System (CAVHS) is expected to provide the most effective delivery of Anesthesia care throughout the Medical Center, in compliance with VA and VHA Directives and Joint Commission accreditation standards. The Chief will act as the subject matter expert for all anesthesia care, concerns, and needs that arise related to provision of such care in our Healthcare System.
The Chief will work under direction of, and report directly to, the Associate Chief of Staff-Surgery/Anesthesia Services. In addition to maintaining consistent clinical staffing levels within the Section to meet the demands of the facility, the Chief will ensure that all appropriate modalities of anesthesia care are available to Veteran patients undergoing surgical procedures. The Chief is responsible for maintaining clinical privileges and licensure.
Duties for the positions of Physician (Chief, Anesthesiologist) include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for supervision of all staff within the section including; CRNAs, MDs, APRNs, and Anesthesia Techs in the Anesthesia Care Team Model.
- Provide administrative, clinical, and programmatic leadership for the Anesthesiology Section to maintain clinical and educational excellence, as monitored by various VHA metrics.
- Maintaining CRNA and Anesthesiologist HR folders, completing mid-year and year end assessments for CRNAs and proficiency reports for subordinate Staff Anesthesiologists.
- Performs the full spectrum of Anesthesiology procedures.
- Maintaining current clinical privileges and keeping licensure, CPR/ACLS, and all other appropriate documents up to date for himself as well as subordinate staff
- Perform and maintain time and leave tracking/functions for the Staff Anesthesiologists and CRNAs
- Deliver interventions throughout the full spectrum of anesthesia care; i.e. s/he is expected to maintain good diagnostic, judgmental, and therapeutic acumen.
- Timely documentation (notes and encounter forms) is necessary in all areas in accordance with facility policy.
- Provides anesthesia-related direct patient care in all functional areas of the OR, PACU, ICU ward and clinic settings as needed.
- Participate, as an anesthesia subject matter expert, in various committees and workgroups as required by leadership.
- Supervision, teaching and evaluation of performance of CRNAs, SRNAs, medical students and other paramedical personnel in anesthesia
- Maintaining equipment inventory and reporting any needs to the Service Business Manager immediately.
- Prepare and provide feedback for annual business plan needs and present Anesthesia needs during the yearly business plan to the Executive Leadership (Quadrad) members.
Work Schedule: Workweek is Monday through Friday with administrative call availability 24/7.Anesthesiology staff call negotiable.
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required