Hospice and Palliative Care Medical Director is the physician assigned for the Hospice and Palliative Care Consultation Team.
Learn more about this agency
Recruitment or relocation incentive approved/available for a highly qualified selectee
The responsibilities include:
1. Full time staff assigned to assure the adequacy and appropriateness of the medical care provided to patients/residents in the hospice units or otherwise in acute care at CDD and CLC and in consultation with the palliative care team.
2. Assists the palliative care coordinator in the analysis and action plans to improve the palliative care and end of life.
3. Member of the Palliative Care Consultative Team.
4. Participates in the On-call Duty Medical Coverage Program for Long Term Care as assigned.
5. Assures that Palliative Care Consults are answered timely.
6. Assists the Palliative Care Coordinator in the analysis and action plans to improve the palliative care and end of life outcomes.
7. Assists in coordination of medical coverage to handle CLC resident's medical needs.
8. Assists in developing procedures for the daily care and treatment of CLC/Hospice treating specialty residents.
9. Assists in developing procedures for the effective transfer of residents to acute care and other organizations, as necessary.
10. Participates in establishing policies, procedures and guidelines designed to assure provision of adequate comprehensive, timely services to CLC residents and patients at the end of life.
11. Participates in the Resident Interdisciplinary Team Care Meetings and Resident Council, as needed.
12. Chairs the Hospice & Palliative Care Subcommittee.
13. Serves as, member of the Geriatrics & Extended Care Medical Staff, attending meetings, helping to assure adherence to its bylaws, rules and regulations.
14. Acts as the organization medical representative in the community as needed.
15. Monitors and evaluates the quality of medical services as an integral part of the overall quality assessments and improvement program and assuring compliance with JC and Long-Term Care Institute (LTCI) requirements for Long Term Care.
16. The CLC/Palliative Care Team Physician is accountable to the ACOS for Geriatrics & Extended Care
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday, 8:00 am to 4:30 pm
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required