The Central Arkansas Veterans Healthcare System (CAVHS) in Little Rock, AR seeks an experienced Staff Ophthalmologist to join an expanding clinical practice. The CAVHS provides ophthalmology cutting-edge procedural and surgical care to Veterans ranging from common outpatient procedures and complex surgeries. We have a close affiliation with UAMS and participate in their residency teaching program.
Learn more about this agency
Highly qualified candidates may be eligible for a recruitment incentive.
- Incumbent duties will include diagnosing, treating and managing patients with Ophthalmologic Diseases per standard, usual and acceptable or customary methods and techniques in the outpatient setting.
- Applicants must have sufficient clinical experience to function independently in an ambulatory care setting. The incumbent will use ophthalmic testing instruments and equipment in the performance of direct patient care to provide General Ophthalmology services for scheduled appointments, walk-ins, and add-in patients.
- Perform surgical operations within the approved scope of practice.
- Supervise and teach residents and medical students who are rotating on the Ophthalmology Service
- Provide on-call coverage for the Ophthalmology Service on a rotating basis with other Attending Ophthalmologists
- He/she will report to the Section Chief, Ophthalmology Service or his designee. Specialists and other physicians are available for consultation.
- The candidate shall be expected to cooperate with and participate in medical duties or functions related to quality of care, peer review, improvement and with other performance improvement activities at the direction of the Section Chief Ophthalmology, Surgery Service, and the Chief of Staff.
- The incumbent may also be involved in program planning, objectives, policies, and standards essential to delivery of quality Ophthalmology care.
- Responsible for providing appropriate education for the patient and/or family member regarding the patient's illness and management.
This is an open continuous announcement and will be closed when an applicant has been selected. Applications will be submitted for review upon receipt.
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday 8am - 4pm, with occasional on-call duties
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required