Vacancy Identification Number (VIN): 1599025
As a VA physician, your opportunities are endless. With many openings in the multiple functions of VA, you will have a wide range of opportunities at your fingertips. Not only is it the largest, most technologically advanced integrated health care system in the nation, but we also provide many other services to Veterans through the Benefits Administration and National Cemeteries.
***APPLICATIONS WILL BE REFERRED AS RECEIVED***
We accept applications for this occupation on an ongoing basis; qualified applicants will be considered as vacancies become available.
*Position is opened until April 15, 2017 unless filled prior to the closing date.
OUR MISSION: To fulfill President Lincoln's promise – "To care for him who shall have borne the battle, and for his widow, and his orphan" – by serving and honoring the men and women who are America's Veterans.
The incumbent for this position may be eligible to apply for the Education Debt Reduction Program. Please contact Human Resources (Ms. Peggy Boone, (757) 722-9961 ext. 2526 at this medical center and speak with the Education Debt Reduction Program Coordinator for additional information.
Applicant's education and experience will be reviewed by a Professional Standards Board and Compensation Panel in determining the grade and salary of the applicant selected. The recommended salary may be at any point in the range listed for this vacancy.
VA encourages persons with disabilities to apply. The health related positions in VA are covered by the Title 38, and are not covered by the Schedule A excepted appointment authority.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
1. Provides a full range of preventive health care services and therapeutic interventions for an assigned panel of patients in a patient-centered manner and have clinical privileges to practice including diagnostic assessment, medication evaluation and management.
2. Participates effectively in team meetings and treatment planning conferences, and collaborates with multidisciplinary team members in a manner that enhances coordination of comprehensive patient care.
3. Orders diagnostic tests and discriminates between normal and abnormal findings and makes appropriate treatment decisions.
4. Documentation of care in the electronic medical record in keeping with the bylaws of the Medical Center.
5. Provide evening, weekend and holiday coverage.
6. Ensures that the practice of medicine is consistent with Joint Commission, CARF, VA policies and procedures, clinical practice guidelines, VISN standards, national statutes and regulations, medical record documentation, mandatory continuing education, and HIPPA policies.
- Occasional Travel
- Occasional travel may be required.