You may be eligible to apply for the Education Debt Reduction Program. The Education Debt Reduction programs offers eligible applicants up to $200,000 (tax free!) for reimbursement of qualifying educational loans. Please contact Human Resources at this medical center and speak with the Education Debt Reduction Program Coordinator for additional information.
Learn more about this agency
A $25,000 recruitment incentives may be available for highly qualified candidates.
Permanent Change of Station (PCS) is authorized for highly qualified applicants. PCS is the relocation of a household in connection with a transfer between duty stations or facilities (exceeding a 50 mile radius). For more information go to http://vaww.fscdirect.fsc.va.gov/pcs.asp.
Major functions of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Functioning as part of a psychiatric care team working with other physicians, physician extenders, nurses and/or other support staff.
- Primary responsibilities in outpatient Psychiatric Services.
- Privileges will consist of: admissions, diagnosis, work-up, and provision of treatment (to include consultation for patients who suffer from various mental health disorders).
- Providing high quality and efficient care and be able to work well in an interdisciplinary team setting.
- Physician may be required to see patient(s) one-on-one in a private office setting or in a group setting. The position may also provide education and training to residents, medical students, and clinical staff. Academic affiliation with the University of Kansas Medical Center is possible.
- Work Flow: returning patients are generally see in in 30 minute follow-up slots and new patients are scheduled for an hour in the outpatient areas.
- Continuum of Care: General outpatient, substance abuse outpatient, mental health intensive case management, general residential, PTSD residential, sub-acute inpatient, inpatient substance abuse, and acute inpatient.
Work Schedule: Primarily Monday - Friday 8:00 am - 4:30 pm, Monday - Friday for full time. Part time hours to be discussed with manager.
Call Schedule: Call is shared with the other psychiatrists. Weekend call involves seeing the admissions to acute psychiatry and also inpatient consults. Call ratio is 1:9. Weekend call is telephone only, with the exception of rare use of seclusion or restraints and stat consults.
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.