The foundation for success of the Defense Commissary Agency mission is our people. It is DeCA's goal to have a workforce that is comprised of our nation's diverse cultures and backgrounds. DeCA operates a worldwide commissary system that provides quality grocery products to active duty military personnel and retirees, members of the Reserve and National Guard, and their families, as well as current DeCA employees. The agency employs over 15,000 people and its annual sales exceed $4 billion.
Learn more about this agency
- This developmental position is located in the Headquarters (HQ); Defense Commissary Agency (DeCA), Change and Strategic Management Office.
- Anticipate points of resistance, develops plans to mitigate or address the concerns, and uses communication skills to facilitate understanding and bring about acceptance.
- Serve as a process improvement project team leader responsible for the implementation of projects throughout the Agency using Lean Six Sigma (L6S) and change management principles, methodology and tools.
- Assist in the development and implementation of the Agency's Long Range Plan and the Strategic Plan, and their inclusion in all aspects of functional programs and operations.
- Serve as a junior level Planning and Process Improvement Specialist.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.