This position will serve as a Licensed Practical Nurse in one of the Indian Health Service Ambulatory Health Centers located in Oklahoma or Kansas or the Oklahoma City Area Hospitals located in Claremore, OK or Lawton, OK. Services available at both the hospitals include emergency, general medicine and surgery, pediatrics and outpatient services.
Learn more about this agency
- Serves as a member of the health care team with an assigned complex patient load.
- Performs a wide range of diagnostic support duties, which includes taking vital signs, documenting patient's pain perception, obtaining specimens, administering medications, receiving and recording lab results, positioning patients and assisting physicians with procedures.
- Supports patient and/or family in the integration of the patient plan of care toward changes to improve health.
- Observes and documents pertinent information regarding patient status in the electronic health record.
- Participates in planning patient care that is consistent with accepted nursing standards and in compliance with prescribed medical treatment plan.