Open & closing dates
Opening and closing dates
06/09/2020 to 06/08/2021
Pay scale & grade
$53,917 to $70,094 per year
1 vacancy in the following location:
This job is open to
National Guard & Reserves
Current members, those who want to join, or transitioning military members.
U.S. citizens, nationals or those who owe allegiance to the U.S.
Clarification from the agency
Nationwide (See Area of Consideration) / Texas Army National Guard Membership is Required
This position is located within the State Aviation Office at Austin Army Support Facility, in Del Valle, TX. The purpose of this position is to develop, organize, and integrate plans, schedules and resources for logistic support of Army Aviation Support Facility and unit maintenance operations.
Learn more about this agency
- Analyze allocate Flying Hour Program (FHP).
- Analyze support Aviation units' logistics capabilities and training requirements.
- Develop maintenance plans to maximize AASF services to maintain aircraft readiness.
- Develop schedules of aircraft and hours to be flown to satisfy the AASF operational aircraft requirements.
- Develop integrated workload schedules and priorities to balance operational and training flying requirements and logistics capabilities.
- Use Unit Level Logistics System-Aviation (ULLS-A) to facilitate management of AASF logistics operations.
- Serve as contact point between the Logistics Manager/Supervisory Maintenance Test Pilot and work centers.
- Coordinates Maintenance Test Flights (MTF) and Maintenance Operational Checks (MOC) to ensure optimum availability of ready aircraft.
- Coordinate and publishes maintenance plans and schedules.
- Collect data, process, and submit Aircraft Inventory Status and Flying Time Report (DA Form 1352) as well as data and information pertaining to Unit Status Reports (USR).
- Maintain historical documentation and current AASF logistics capabilities and capacities.
- Interface with AASF Logistics, Flight Operations and Training, United States Property and Fiscal Office (USP&FO) and supported units for accomplishing priorities and deadlines established by higher authorities or supported units.
- Serve as a point of contact (POC) with NGB, AMCOM, AVCRAD, state, and supported units on matters of AASF logistical services.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The full Position Description (PD) can be found at the following link:
Conditions Of Employment
Appointment Factor(s): This is an Excepted Service position that requires active membership in a compatible military assignment in the Texas Army National Guard and wear of the military uniform. Applicants who are not currently a member of the Texas Army National Guard must be eligible for immediate membership and employment in the Texas Army National Guard. If you are not sure you are eligible for military membership, please visit or contact a Texas Army National Guard recruiter before applying for this position.
Areas of Consideration: Nationwide Excepted. This includes:
- All currently employed full-time permanent, indefinite, and temporary personnel of the Texas Army National Guard.
- All current members of the Army National Guard and individuals eligible for membership in the Texas Army National Guard.
- This announcement is open for 1 year of until filled.
- A Recruitment Incentive up to 25% may be offered to newly hired employees and calculated as a percentage of base pay. The selected applicant will be required to sign a service agreement prior to entrance on duty. Current on-board Federal Technicians/Employees do not qualify for the Recruitment Incentives.
- Veterans' preference is not applicable to this position.
- This is a Bargaining Unit position.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain the appropriate security clearance of the position.
- May occasionally be required to work other than normal duty hours; overtime may be required.
- Texas Army National Guard Membership is required.
- Direct deposit is mandatory.
- May be required to successfully complete a probationary period.
Compatible military grade and assignment required prior to the effective date of placement. Applicant must be Duty MOS/AOC/Branch assigned to a compatible position in accordance with statutes and National Guard Bureau regulations upon selection. If selected and not currently Duty MOS/AOC/Branch assigned, entrance on duty date will be delayed until assignment in the appropriate Duty MOS/AOC/Branch is verified. Need not have MOS to apply. Upon selection, individuals must be assigned to a compatible military duty position in accordance with statutes and National Guard Bureau regulations and must obtain/maintain all requirements of the MOS within one year of appointment.
Rank Spread: Enlisted E-5/SGT through E-9/SGM or Warrant Officer NTE CW3
Compatible Military Assignments:
WOBR: 15, 151A, 153A
ECMF: 15, 92A, 92E, 94R
To qualify at the GS-09 grade level your resume must include relevant experience with beginning and ending dates of employment/experience reflecting the following:
Specialized Experience Required
Must have at least 24 months experience or training in the following:
Experience, education or training preparing job or work orders; scheduling various phases of projects into the production facility; following up to see if work is progressing as planned and arranging for adjustments in materials, machine processes, and work sequencing allowing for changes. Experience with current automation support programs to input data, provide status of equipment, and monitor job order status, monitor work priorities, requisition repair parts, track repair parts status, etc.
There is not an educational requirement for this position.
Incentives: Acceptance of a military Federal technician position may result in termination and / or repayment of military incentives. Please check your contract and contact your servicing Education Services (Incentives) office or the Recruiting/Retention office.
The Texas National Guard is an Equal Opportunity employer.
This position is covered by the Domestic Violence Misdemeanor Amendment of the Gun Control Act (Lautenberg Amendment) of 1968. An individual convicted of a qualifying crime of domestic violence may not perform the duties of this position.
If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application.
How You Will Be Evaluated
Once the announcement has closed, your resume and supporting documentation will be used to determine if you meet the qualifications listed on this announcement. If you are minimally qualified, your resume and supporting documentation will be compared to your responses on the assessment questionnaire to determine your level of experience. If you rate yourself higher than is supported by your application package, your responses may be adjusted and/or you may be excluded from consideration for this position. If you are found to be qualified, you will be referred to the selecting official for employment consideration.
Background checks and security clearance
To apply for this position, you must submit a complete Application Package which includes:
1. Your resume should include the following for related positions held:
- Work schedule (ex. Full-time, part-time, intermittent)
- Hours worked per week
- To and From dates (ex. MM/YYYY - MM/YYYY)
- Duties performed
2. Other supporting documents: N/A
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding.
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
How to Apply
How to Apply
To apply for this position, you must complete the online application/Occupational Questionnaire and submit the documentation specified in the Required Documents section below. To view the Occupational Questionnaire, click the following link: https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/10813276~
A complete application package must be submitted by 11:59 PM (EST) on the closing date of the announcement to receive consideration.
To begin, click Apply to access the online application. You will need to be logged into your USAJOBS account to apply. If you do not have a USAJOBS account, you will need to create one before beginning the application.
Follow the prompts to select your resume and/or other supporting documents to be included with your application package. You will have the opportunity to upload additional documents to include in your application before it is submitted. Your uploaded documents may take several hours to clear the virus scan process.
After acknowledging you have reviewed your application package, complete the Include Personal Information section as you deem appropriate and click to continue with the application process.
You will be taken to the online application which you must complete in order to apply for the position. Complete the online application, verify the required documentation is included with your application package, and submit the application.
To verify the status of your application, log into your USAJOBS account (https://my.usajobs.gov/Account/Login), all of your applications will appear on the Welcome screen. The Application Status will appear along with the date your application was last updated. For information on what each Application Status means, visit: https://www.usajobs.gov/Help/how-to/application/status/.
Once your online application is submitted you will receive a confirmation notification by email. Your application will be evaluated by the Human Resources Office to determine your eligibility for the position. After the evaluation is complete, you will receive another notification regarding the status of your application.
Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy And gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process should follow the instructions in the job opportunity announcement. For any part of the remaining hiring process, applicants should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Learn more about disability employment and reasonable accommodations or how to contact an agency.
Legal and regulatory guidance