Recruitment/Relocation Incentives may be authorized for highly qualified candidates.
Learn more about this agency
This is an open continuous announcement. The initial cut-off date is 04/22/2019. All eligible applications received by 04/22/2019 will be reviewed and referred. Future cut-off dates will occur on 05/31/2019, 06/28/2019, 07/31/2019, 08/30/2019, 09/30/2019, 10/31/2019, 11/29/2019, and 12/31/2019 unless all vacancies are filled prior to the last cut-off date.
If you are a Current, Permanent VA Employee, you should apply under the announcement IM-10465571-19-DB
There are 3 total Psychologist vacancies.
1 vacancy is located at the Iron Mountain, MI VA Medical Center.
1 vacancy is located at the Marquette, MI Clinic.
1 vacancy is located at the Sault St. Marie Area, MI Clinic.
These Psychologist positions serve as a professional staff member of Behavioral Health Service, the incumbent participates in goal-setting and treatment service planning discussions; serves on or chairs task groups or administrative committees of the service or Medical Center at the direction or approval of the Chief, Behavioral Health Service or designee; participates in professional peer review of his/her own work and that of other staff; maintains and upgrades professional knowledge and skills by involvement in appropriate continuing education activities.
- Teaches or supervises psychology trainees receiving training in mental health services.
- Designs, conducts and reports the results of research relevant to psychology as a body of knowledge and to the effective delivery of high quality mental health services.
- Designs and implements the evaluation of treatment efforts or services of health care delivery program and support services in the hospital.
- Consults with or provides psychological services to treatment programs or hospital services outside of his/her primary duty assignment.
- Determines patients' needs for psychological evaluations, specialized evaluation procedures, diagnostic procedures, individual, group, and specialized proficiencies and techniques.
- Uses a broad range of psychological measures to assess cognitive, emotional, personality, and behavioral conditions.
- Provides technical and administrative counseling to other mental health staff members and to student trainees, in the areas of therapy, diagnostics and research.
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday 8:00am - 4:30pm Will work occasional night and weekend "On-Call" duties.
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required