Open & closing dates
Opening and closing dates
02/26/2021 to 12/31/2021
Pay scale & grade
$8 to $10 per hour
Plus Non-Taxable Post Allowance
Permanent - First Cut-Off is on March 16th, and every 21 calendar days thereafter
To apply for this job, you must live within a 50 mile radius of one of these locations. To apply for this job, you must live within a 50 mile radius of one of these locations.
This job is open to
U.S. citizens, nationals or those who owe allegiance to the U.S.
This position is assigned to the Non-Appropriated Fund (NAF) Fleet Readiness Branch; Fleet and Family Readiness (FFR) Programs; Commander, Navy Installations Command (CNIC). Incumbent performs a variety of duties in support of the Recreation Program that may include Morale, Welfare, and Recreation (MWR) special events, MWR information/resources, command events, visiting ships or fleet support, community events, trips, tours, outings, party and picnic rental equipment, resale tickets, Library, Li
Learn more about this agency
- Performs assigned duties and provides necessary services to authorized patrons, including general information and support of recreation and fitness programs.
- Provides information concerning facilities and operation.
- Ensures adherence to regulations, safety and security procedures.
- Assists in maintaining routine reports and/or performs clerical, custodial and/or general maintenance duties.
- Performs numerous functions in support of recreation and fitness program delivery to include inventory control, equipment inspection, restocking, point of sale system operation and cash handling.
- Operates a cash register, Point of Sale (POS) system, processes product or service transactions including equipment loan, rentals, resale, and program registration; receives payments and makes change.
- Greets patrons in person, answers the telephone, takes messages, handles customer requests, makes referrals to the appropriate staff member.
- Adheres to NAVMED P-5010 sanitation requirements.
- Provides support for recreation event set up and break down.
Conditions Of Employment
- Satisfactorily complete all background checks to include National Agency Check with Written Inquiries (NACI).
- Work schedule is flexible and will vary as required by the needs of the program to include night, weekend, and holiday shifts as well as split days off.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a National Agency Check with Written Inquires (NACI), upon hiring and renew every 5 years and/or a Child Care National Agency Check with Inquires when there is regular contact with children under the age of 18.
- Must have or be able to obtain and maintain the following certification within 90 days of hire: Emergency First Responder or Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation, Food Handlers, C.A.R.E (Controlling Alcohol Risks Effectively)
- Knowledge of the MWR department in order to answer customer questions and/or refer customers to the appropriate activity.
- Skilled in keyboarding to include operation of point of sale systems as well as desktop computers.
- Ability to perform basic computer operations.
- Ability to read and comprehend in order to adhere to published rules, regulations, standard operating procedures, checklists, and other guides.
- Ability to perform basic custodial tasks (e.g., sweeping, mopping, vacuuming, wiping, dusting, etc.). Ability to perform basic arithmetic calculations (e.g., addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division).
- Ability to identify customer needs, deliver expected service and/or resolve routine customer issues.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- A high school diploma or GED is preferred.
- General experience of 0–3 months and/or high school graduate or equivalent.
Proof of education MUST be uploaded at time of application for consideration. If degree is not conferred, you MUST provide a copy of your high school diploma or equivalent with your college transcripts.
When education is a basic requirement for the position, or when substituting education for experience, applicants MUST submit a copy of your high school transcripts, college transcript, or a list of courses which includes grades earned, completion dates, and quarter and/or semester hours earned as part of your application package. Foreign education must include evidence that it is comparable to education received at accredited educational institutions in the United States. All substitutions of education for experience will be made in accordance with OPM approved qualification standards. Only attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education are acceptable to meet positive education requirements or to substitute education for experience. For additional information, please go to the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) and the U.S. Department of Education websites at http://www.opm.gov/qualifications and http://www.ed.gov/admins/finaid/accred/index.html
Some positions have special requirements. Selection may be tentative pending the completion of the satisfactory employment reference checks and receipt of proof of education (where applicable). Selectee may be required to complete a one (1) year probationary period. Participation in the Direct Deposit/Electronic Fund Transfer is required. Salary is commensurate with experience and/or education.
The Department of the Navy (DON) is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, mental or physical disability, genetic information, reprisal, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, or any other non-merit factor. The DON provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. Applicants with disabilities who believe they may require reasonable accommodation(s) should email their request to MWR_Recruitment@fe.navy.mil to ensure proper consideration is given.
How You Will Be Evaluated
Using the qualifications of the positions, as predetermined ranking and rating criteria of knowledge, skills, and abilities will be used for each application.
Background checks and security clearance
- Resume or NAF Application Form
- PCS Orders and Family Entry Approval (Military) OR Sponsor’s Letter of Employment (Civilian)
- OF-306 (Declaration for Federal Employment / Must be signed in ink and dated within the opening and closing date of this vacancy announcement)
- Proof of Education (such as high school diploma/GED, clinical licensure, awarded/conferred academic degree transcript(s) and/or *related coursework transcript(s) relevant to the position
- If claiming Veteran’s Preference, a legible copy of DD-214 (page 4).
- If you are a current Federal employee, please submit your most recent Personnel Action Report (PAR) or SF-50
Note: To receive consideration for a non-related degree or eligibility based on a combination of education AND experience, a college transcript is required. All transcripts MUST show student’s name and the name of the awarding university or educational institution, degree type, awarded/conferred date, and the field of study. *If your degree has not been awarded/conferred, you must provide a copy of your HS Diploma or equivalent along with transcript(s). Transcripts from foreign colleges must be evaluated for U.S. equivalency in order to be considered. Applicants are responsible to obtain and submit proof of creditability of education as evaluated by a credentialing agency which is a private U.S. organization. Credential evaluations are not free and applicants are responsible for the cost of the selected service.
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from
schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding.
All benefits offered (medical, dental, life insurance, spouse & dependent life insurance, long-term disability, retirement, and 401(k) savings plan).
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
How to Apply
How to Apply
To begin the process, click on the Apply Online button to create an account or log in to your existing USAJOBS.gov account.
Or send resume/application and required documents via email to: MWR_RECRUITMENT@fe.navy.mil. Please visit our webpage at http://www.navymwratsugi.com/jobs.
Or submit all required documents to CNRJ NAF Human Resources Office, Building 978, Naval Air Facility Atsugi
NOTE: Review the REQUIRED DOCUMENTS section to determine which applies to you and MUST be submitted online. You must submit a complete application by 11:59pm (Eastern Time) on the closing date reflected on the vacancy announcement.
- Check the status of the application system and maintenance schedule here: status.fhrnavigator.com
- If you experience technical difficulties applying online, report it here: firstname.lastname@example.org. The support inbox is monitored Monday through Friday, from 8 AM ET until 6 PM ET.
- Make sure your status in USAJOBS is 'Received' after you submit your application to ensure it was submitted successfully.
Please ensure that your application/resume contains all the information requested in the vacancy announcement. If your resume or application does not provide all the information requested on this form and in the job vacancy announcement, you may lose consideration for the job. Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy And gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process should follow the instructions in the job opportunity announcement. For any part of the remaining hiring process, applicants should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Learn more about disability employment and reasonable accommodations or how to contact an agency.
Legal and regulatory guidance