5 vacancies in the following location:
To apply for this job, you must live within a 50 mile radius of one of these locations. To apply for this job, you must live within a 50 mile radius of one of these locations.
This job is open to
U.S. citizens, nationals or those who owe allegiance to the U.S.
The incumbent is involved in one or more recreational activities such as military or community center activities; youth activities; outdoor recreation; craft and hobby shops; athletics, fitness and sports programs; music and theater and/or other' similar MWR recreational services.
Provides oversight of activities and necessary services to authorized patrons, including general information on the use of equipment. Provides information concerning facilities and operation.
Ensures adherence to regulations and safety procedures. Monitors and checks the security of premises.
May assist in maintaining routine reports and/or perform clerical, custodial, and/or general maintenance duties as needed. May operate a cash register, receive payments and make change.
Performs other related duties as assigned.
Conditions Of Employment
- Position is represented by Bargaining Unit
- You must go through a Personal Identity Verification (PIV) process that requires two forms of identification from the Form I-9
- Must successfully pass the E-Verify employment verification check. Any discrepancies must be resolved as a condition of employment
- Must provide proof of U.S. Citizenship or U.S. National
- Must have your salary sent to a financial institution of your choice by Direct Deposit/Electronic Funds Transfer
- Will be required to obtain CPR and First Aide Certifications
Must be able to learn MWR policies, rules and regulations involving the work area, and have the ability to communicate orally and in writing. Must have knowledge of basic mathematics. Six months experience in the assigned recreational activity is desired.
A selection may be made from the resumes/applications received at the first cut-off date. Some positions have special requirements. Selection may be tentative pending the completion of the satisfactory employment reference checks and receipt of proof of education (where applicable). Selectee may be required to complete a one (1) year probationary period. Salary is commensurate with experience and/or education.
Reasonable accommodations are provided to applicants with disabilities. If reasonable accommodation is needed for any part of the application and hiring process, please contact the Human Resources Office to ensure consideration. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation will be on a case by case basis.
Military Spousal Preference (MSP): 1. Orders and Page 2 must be uploaded with your submission. 2. Military Spousal Preference applies to all positions in pay bands NF 1-3, CY positions, and equivalent Crafts and Trades position for which qualified.
Veterans Preference (VET): You must request for preference at the time you submit your application and attach a copy of your DD214 member page four to certify eligibility.
All required documents submitted for this position must indicate the announcement number, position title and full name of the applicant on each document.
Condition of employment: selectee will be required to participate in the Direct Deposit/Electronic Funds Transfer within the first 30 days of employment. This is the DoD standard methods of payment of personnel.
All positions require a satisfactory completion of background check.
We are an E-Verify participant.
How You Will Be Evaluated
Using the qualifications of the positions, a predetermined Ranking and Rating Criteria of knowledge, skills and abilities will be used for each application. Applicants who do not meet the qualifications required will not be interviewed and interviews may be limited to best qualified applicants.
Management reserves the right to consider and make additional hiring selections, for this specific position, from the certified list of eligible candidates within 90 days of the closing date of this job announcement.
First cut off: 2/24/2020 and bi-weekly thereafter
Click the following link to preview the applicant questionnaire: Preview Applicant Questionnaire
Background checks and security clearance
- If you are a veteran claiming Veterans' Preference, please attach your DD-214 'Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty,' showing all dates of service, receipt of medals and campaign badges, as well as character of service (Honorable, General, etc.). The member 4 copy of your DD-214, ?Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty, is preferable.
- A resume should be provided. It should include relevant work experience (start/end dates stated in month/year, description of duties and salary), applicable education at a minimum, and your contact information. For current or previous Federal employees, it should also include the Pay Plan, Series and Grade for each work experience entry.
- For current or previous Federal employees, please attach a copy of your most recent SF-50 or agency notification of personnel action form that provides current position, grade level, and duty location.
- 3 professional references (Current Letters of Reference, preferred)
- Proof of Education (including transcripts if qualifying based on education)
- Military Orders Including Page 2 Record of Dependents for certification of spousal preference.
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from
schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding.
Position is not eligible for benefits
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
How to Apply
How to Apply
To begin the process, click on the Apply Online button to create an account or log in to your existing USAJOBS account.
First cut off: 2/24/2020 and bi-weekly thereafter
- Check the status of the application system and maintenance schedule here: status.fhrnavigator.com
- If you experience technical difficulties applying online, report it here: firstname.lastname@example.org. The support inbox is monitored Monday through Friday, from 8 AM ET until 6 PM ET.
- Make sure your status in USAJOBS is 'Received' after you submit your application to ensure it was submitted successfully.
Your application will be reviewed after the closing date of the announcement in which you have applied. The recruitment process takes an average of 2-3 weeks from closing date. Due to the volume of applications received, applicants may not be notified of non-selection. Management also reserves the right to cancel the vacancy announcement at any time during the recruitment process.
Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy And gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process should follow the instructions in the job opportunity announcement. For any part of the remaining hiring process, applicants should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change in the workplace or the way things are customarily done that provides an equal employment opportunity to an individual with a disability. Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) must provide reasonable accommodations:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
Legal and regulatory guidance