Few vacancies in the following location:
This job is open to
U.S. citizens, nationals or those who owe allegiance to the U.S.
The Area of Consideration for this vacancy announcement is Vicenza, Italy. (Military Spouse Preference (MSP), Involuntarily Separated Military Preference (ISMP) and Family Member Preference eligible candidates are included in the area of consideration.)
This position is located at the Fitness Center.
To better expedite the hiring process, we recommend including full contact information (name, address, phone number, email, etc.) for professional and personal references on your resume.
Learn more about this agency
- Serves as a lifeguard for indoor/outdoor pools and works under the direction of the Installation Aquatics Program Manager. Employs safety rules for the protection of the pool guests.
- Provides maximum pool area surveillance and responds to emergencies; rescues pool patrons and administers first aid. Responsible for assisting in the conduct of aquatic swimming or assisting with American Red Cross swim lessons as an Aide.
- Attend aquatics and/or safety training as directed. Adheres to Customer Service standards of the Installation. Lifeguards will participate in any required training (on-the-job training emergency rescue drills, emergency action plan simulations).
- Assists in maintaining pool, and area clean and free from any hazards. Performs periodic water tests and reports results to the pool leader on duty. Provides information to swimmers regarding safety/health/admission rules and procedures.
- Tactfully warns patrons who repeatedly disregard safety rules, and follows facility SOPs for disciplinary actions. Assists in coaching or preparing the competitive and non-competitive swimming programs. Maintains daily logs, reports and records.
Conditions Of Employment
- Direct Deposit and Social Security Card is required
- Meet qualification/eligibility/background requirements for this position
- A one year probationary period may be required
- Completed and signed DA Form 3433 is required prior to entrance on duty
- Mission Soggiorno
- Official No-Fee Passport and Mission VISA
- Citizenship eligible under country SOFA Agreement
- Should be able to work a rotating schedule. Work hours may involve weekend, weekdays, holidays and night duty.
- Lifeguards must have good vision (corrected vision if necessary) while on duty to effectively recognize all emergencies, incidents and rule breaking.
- Continuous exposure to sun and prolonged periods of high temperature and humidity. In case of exposure to infectious disease,
incumbent is required to obtain the Hepatitis B vaccination series within a 24-hour period.
- Incumbent is required to follow environmental safeguards and wear personal protective equipment. May be assigned to irregular duties or when needed for special recreational events and related requirements.
- All required certifications must be kept current.
- Satisfactory completion of pre-employment background checks in accordance with AR 215-3, 2-15j. to include a Tier 1 background investigation.
- In addition, the incumbent may be subject to additional background checks if required to have regular and recurring contact with children.
Possesses and maintains the following certifications: Lifeguarding and First Aid (American Red Cross or nationally recognized equivalent i.e. Star Guard, YMCA, or ELLIS); American Red Cross "Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation for the Professional; CPR for the Professional Rescuer/AED or equivalent (American Heart Association CPR/AED); First Aid.
Qualifications must be clearly verifiable in your resume.
- Manual Application: If you are unable to apply online, you may submit your application package using a manual application method. Please contact the NAF Human Resources Office or representative listed on this job announcement to request a copy of the manual application form. All completed manual application forms (along with resume and other supporting documentation) must be received no later than 1:00 pm on the closing date of the announcement in order to process your application in a timely manner. Please note that neglecting to respond to the job related questions may result in an ineligible rating.
- Additional selections may be made from this vacancy announcement for up to 90 days after the closing date.
- Payment Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is not authorized based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government's interest.
- Employment Overseas provides a lot of additional benefits & entitlements, for information click here
- Applicants must comply with the Exceptional Family Member Program, for information click here
- Please check out our Applicant Information Kit to view additional information you may find useful when applying for our jobs. (Click here to view kit or copy this URL: https://acpol2.army.mil/chra_dodea/NAF_applicant_info_kit.pdf
Applications are valid for 90 days after submission date. Applicants will be referred to selecting officials as additional vacancies occur.
How You Will Be Evaluated
Applicants can claim the following eligibilities:
- NAF Preference - Family Member Preference (OCONUS ONLY)
- NAF Preference - Involuntarily Separated From the Military
- NAF Preference - Spouse Employment Preference (SEP)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Business Based Action
- NAF Priority Consideration - Current Appropriated Funds Employee CNE (APF)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Current/Former NAF Employee (CNE/FNE)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Outside Applicant Veteran (OAV)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Spouse/Widow/Parent of Veteran (OAV)
Background checks and security clearance
The following documents must be submitted with your application:
Optional: Job Application (DA Form 3433) will be accepted in place of a Resume.
The below items are accepted and may be needed to support a qualification and/or a claimed priority/preference:
- Cover Letter
- DD-214/ Statement of Service
- DA 3433
- Lifeguard Certification
- PCS Orders
- Professional Certification
- Reasonable Accommodation Documentation
- Separation Notice (RIF)
- SF-50/ Notification of Personnel Action
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from
schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
How to Apply
How to Apply
You may submit your application package using one of the two methods identified below:
- Electronically (preferred) at https://www.usajobs.gov/ and search for Vacancy Identification Number (VIN). Announcement closes at 11:59 PM Eastern Time on the closing date listed on this announcement.
- Manually: Please refer to the "Additional Information" section of this announcement for instructions.
Your resume will be reviewed to verify that qualification requirements have been met. We appreciate your interest in this position!
Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy And gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process should follow the instructions in the job opportunity announcement. For any part of the remaining hiring process, applicants should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change in the workplace or the way things are customarily done that provides an equal employment opportunity to an individual with a disability. Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) must provide reasonable accommodations:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
Legal and regulatory guidance