Open & closing dates
Opening and closing dates
12/06/2019 to 02/28/2020
Pay scale & grade
$10.55 to $12.66 per hour
Intermittent - This is a flexible position there is no guarenteed hours.
Intermittent - 0-40 hours per week. Flexible schedule.
Few vacancies in the following location:
This job is open to
U.S. citizens, nationals or those who owe allegiance to the U.S.
Clarification from the agency
Us and Non-Us Citizens
AN INITIAL CUT-OFF DATE WILL APPLY TO THIS VACANCY. ONLY THOSE APPLICATIONS RECEIVED BY 11:59 PM (EST) ON 13 DEC 2019. WILL RECEIVE INITIAL CONSIDERATION. IF A SELECTION IS NOT MADE FROM THE FIRST LIST OF CANDIDATES, MANAGEMENT MAY REQUEST AN ADDITIONAL REVIEW OF ALL APPLICANTS WHO APPLIED BEFORE THE FINAL CLOSING DATE
The Area of Consideration for this vacancy announcement is open worldwide. (Military Spouse Preference (MSP) and Involuntarily Separated Military Preference (ISMP) eligible candidates are included in the area of consideration.)
Learn more about this agency
These positions are located at Fort Hood Pools.
To better expedite the hiring process, we recommend including full contact information (name, address, phone number, email, etc.) for professional and personal references on your resume.
- Serves as a lifeguard for indoor and outdoor pools
- Employs safety rules for the protection of the pool guests.
- Assists in maintaining pool, and area clean and free from any hazards.
- Lifeguards will participate in any required training (on-the-job training emergency rescue drills, emergency action plan simulations).
Conditions Of Employment
- Direct Deposit and Social Security Card is required
- Meet qualification/eligibility/background requirements for this position
- Satisfactorily complete an employment verification (E-Verify) check
- Completed and signed DA Form 3433 is required prior to entrance on duty
- Possesses satisfactory completion of pre-employment background checks
- Continuous exposure to sun and prolonged periods of high temperature and humidity. In case of exposure to infectious disease, incumbent is required to obtain the Hepatitis B vaccination series within a 24-hour period.
- Incumbent is required to follow environmental safeguards and wear personal protective equipment.
- May be assigned to irregular duties or when needed for special recreational events and related requirements. Work hours may involve weekend, weekdays, holidays and night duty
- Lifeguards must have good vision (corrected vision if necessary) while on duty to effectively recognize all emergencies, incidents and rule breaking.
Incumbent is required to follow environmental safeguards and wear personal protective equipment.
- Fifteen(15) year old lifeguards must comply with the restriction of the DOL Child Labors Law (Jan 17, 2006).
- In addition, the incumbent may be subject to additional background checks if required to have regular and recurring contact with children. All required certifications must be kept current.
- Successful completion of Personnel Security Investigation Portal-PSIP within 5 days of Applicant Action Required email
- All required certifications must be kept current.
- Work hours may involve weekend, weekdays, holidays and night duty
- In case of exposure to infectious disease, incumbent is required to obtain the Hepatitis B vaccination series within a 24-hour period.
Possesses and maintains the following certifications: Lifeguarding and First Aid (American Red Cross or nationally recognized equivalent i.e. Star Guard, YMCA, or ELLIS); American Red Cross "Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation for the Professional; CPR for the Professional Rescuer/AED or equivalent (American Heart Association CPR/AED); for facilities that use Oxygen Administration "O2 bottles" the O2 Administration certification (American Red Cross "Oxygen Administration or installation offered training (i.e. Fire Dept.) must be obtained within two weeks of reporting for duty.
At least two (2) years of Lifeguarding Experience.
Highly Preferred Criteria:
NOTE: Applicants who met both minimum qualifications and best qualifying criteria will be referred to the selecting official for consideration first. To be evaluated as a highly preferred candidate, your resume MUST clearly reflect the knowledge and experience listed under the highly qualified criteria above.
This job does not have an education qualification requirement.
- Manual Application: If you are unable to apply online, you may submit your application package using a manual application method. Please contact the NAF Human Resources Office or representative listed on this job announcement to request a copy of the manual application form. All completed manual application forms (along with resume and other supporting documentation) must be received no later than 1 p.m. on the closing date of the announcement in order to process your application in a timely manner. Please note that neglecting to respond to the job related questions may result in an ineligible rating.
- Additional selections may be made from this vacancy announcement for up to 90 days after the closing date.
- Payment Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is not authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government's interest.
- Please check out our Applicant Information Kit to view additional information you may find useful when applying for our jobs. (Click here to view kit or copy this URL: https://acpol2.army.mil/chra_dodea/NAF_applicant_info_kit.pdf
- Applications are valid for 90 days after submission date. Applicants will be referred to selecting officials as additional vacancies occur.
How You Will Be Evaluated
Applicants can claim the following eligibilities:
- NAF Preference - Involuntarily Separated From the Military
- NAF Preference - Spouse Employment Preference (SEP)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Business Based Action
- NAF Priority Consideration - Current Appropriated Funds Employee CNE (APF)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Current/Former NAF Employee (CNE/FNE)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Outside Applicant Veteran (OAV)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Spouse/Widow/Parent of Veteran (OAV)
Background checks and security clearance
The following documents must be submitted with your application:
Optional: Job Application (DA Form 3433) will be accepted in place of a Resume.
The below items are accepted and may be needed to support a qualification and/or a claimed priority/preference:
- Cover Letter
- DD-214/ Statement of Service
- DA Form 3433
- DD214 (member 4 or service 2 copy)
- Lifeguarding and First Aid Certification
- pcs orders (with marriage certificate)
- PCS Orders
- Reasonable Accommodation Documentation
- Separation Notice (RIF)
- SF-50/ Notification of Personnel Action
How to Apply
How to Apply
You may submit your application package using one of the two methods identified below:
- Electronically (preferred) at https://www.usajobs.gov/ and search for Vacancy Identification Number (VIN). Announcement closes at 11:59 PM Eastern Time on the closing date listed on this announcement.
- Manually: Please refer to the "Additional Information" section of this announcement for instructions.
Your resume will be reviewed to verify that qualification requirements have been met. We appreciate your interest in this position!
Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy And gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process should follow the instructions in the job opportunity announcement. For any part of the remaining hiring process, applicants should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change in the workplace or the way things are customarily done that provides an equal employment opportunity to an individual with a disability. Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) must provide reasonable accommodations:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
Legal and regulatory guidance