Few vacancies in the following location:
This job is open to
U.S. citizens, nationals or those who owe allegiance to the U.S.
The Area of Consideration for this vacancy announcement is Vicenza, Italy. (Military Spouse Preference (MSP), Involuntarily Separated Military Preference (ISMP) and Family Member Preference eligible candidates are included in the area of consideration.)
This position is located at Fitness Center.
To better expedite the hiring process, we recommend including full contact information (name, address, phone number, email, etc.) for professional and personal references on your resume.
Learn more about this agency
- Serves as a lifeguard for indoor and outdoor pools and works under the direction of the Installation Aquatics Program Manager. Employs safety rules for the protection of the pool guests.
- Responsible for lifeguarding guests in attendance at the assigned aquatics facility. Provides maximum pool area surveillance and responds to emergencies; rescues pool patrons and administersfirst aid as required.
- Responsible for assisting in the conduct of aquatic swimming and water survival training according to TC 21-21 or assisting with American Red Cross swim lessons as an Aide. Attend aquatics and/or safety training as directed.
- Assists in maintaining pool, and area clean and free from any hazards. Performs periodic water tests and reports results to the
pool leader on duty. Provides information to swimmers regarding safety/health/admission rules and procedures
- Tactfully warns patrons who repeatedly disregard safety rules, and follows facility Standard Operating Procedures for disciplinary actions. Assists in coaching or preparing the competitive and non-competitive swimming programs as require
- Maintains daily logs, reports and records as required. Lifeguards will participate in any required training (on-the-job training emergency rescue drills, emergency action plan simulations).
Conditions Of Employment
- Direct Deposit and Social Security Card is required.
- Meet qualification/eligibility/background requirements for this position.
- A one year probationary period may be required.
- Completed and signed DA Form 3433 is required prior to entrance on duty.
- Mission Soggiorno
- Official No-Fee Passport and Mission VISA
- Citizenship eligible under country SOFA Agreement
- In consideration of COVID-19, personnel within this area routinely wear personal protective equipment (cloth face coverings, latex gloves, and face shields) while performing their regular duties
- Subject to satisfactory completion of all pre-employment checks in accordance with AR 215-3, para.2 to include a Tier 1
- Continuous exposure to sun and prolonged periods of high temperature and humidity. In case of exposure to infectious disease, incumbent is required to obtain the Hepatitis B vaccination series within a 24-hour period.
- Lifeguards must have good vision (corrected vision if necessary) while on duty to effectively recognize all emergencies, incidents and rule breaking.
- Incumbent is required to follow environmental safeguards and wear personal protective equipment. May be assigned to irregular duties or when needed for special recreational events and related requirements.
- Work hours may involve weekend, weekdays, holidays and night duty.
- In addition, the incumbent may be subject to additional background checks if required to have regular and recurring contact with children.
- All required certifications must be kept current.
Possesses and maintains the following certifications: Lifeguarding and First Aid (American Red Cross or nationally recognized equivalent i.e. Star Guard, YMCA, or ELLIS); American Red Cross "Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation for the Professional; CPR for the Professional Rescuer/AED or equivalent (American Heart Association CPR/AED); First Aid.
In addition, for facilities that use Oxygen Administration "O2 bottles" the O2 Administration certification (American Red Cross "Oxygen Administration or installation offered training (i.e. Fire Dept.) must be obtained within two weeks of reporting for duty.
This job does not have an education qualification requirement.
- Manual Application: If you are unable to apply online, you may submit your application package using a manual application method. Please contact the NAF Human Resources Office or representative listed on this job announcement to request a copy of the manual application form. All completed manual application forms (along with resume and other supporting documentation) must be received no later than 1 pm on the closing date of the announcement in order to process your application in a timely manner. Please note that neglecting to respond to the job related questions may result in an ineligible rating.
- Additional referrals may be made from this vacancy announcement for up to 90 days after the closing date.
- Payment Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is not authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government's interest.
- Allowances, differentials, or incentives will not be paid.
- Employment Overseas provides a lot of additional benefits & entitlements, for information click here
- Applicants must comply with the Exceptional Family Member Program, for information click here
- Please check out our Applicant Information Kit to view additional information you may find useful when applying for our jobs. (To view kit, click this URL: https://publicfileshare.chra.army.mil/index.php/s/uIDfgOMr6PWHHGS/download?path=/&files=NAF Applicant Information Kit.pdf ) (If URL does not work, copy and paste the URL into browser).
Applications are valid for 90 days after submission date. Applicants will be referred to selecting officials as additional vacancies occur.
How You Will Be Evaluated
Applicants can claim the following eligibilities:
- NAF Preference - Family Member Preference (OCONUS ONLY)
- NAF Preference - Involuntarily Separated From the Military
- NAF Preference - Spouse Employment Preference (SEP)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Business Based Action
- NAF Priority Consideration - Current Appropriated Funds Employee CNE (APF)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Current/Former NAF Employee (CNE/FNE)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Outside Applicant Veteran (OAV)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Parent of a Veteran (OAV)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Spouse/Widow(er) of a Veteran (OAV)
Background checks and security clearance
The following documents must be submitted with your application:
Optional: Job Application (DA Form 3433) will be accepted in place of a Resume.
The below items are accepted and may be needed to support a qualification and/or a claimed priority/preference:
- Cover Letter
- DD-214/ Statement of Service
- DA 3433
- Lifeguard Certifications
- PCS Orders
- Professional Certification
- Reasonable Accommodation Documentation
- Separation Notice (RIF)
- SF-50/ Notification of Personnel Action
How to Apply
How to Apply
You may submit your application package using one of the two methods identified below:
- Electronically (preferred) at https://www.usajobs.gov/ and search for Vacancy Number (VIN): 10856927. Announcement closes at 11:59 PM Eastern Time on the closing date listed on this announcement.
- Manually: Please refer to the "Additional Information" section of this announcement for instructions.
Your resume will be reviewed to verify that qualification requirements have been met. We appreciate your interest in this position!
Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy And gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process should follow the instructions in the job opportunity announcement. For any part of the remaining hiring process, applicants should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Learn more about disability employment and reasonable accommodations or how to contact an agency.
Legal and regulatory guidance