Open & closing dates
Opening and closing dates
10/01/2020 to 12/30/2020
Pay scale & grade
$12.50 to $12.75 per hour
Salary will be determined by the Hiring Manager based upon experience. NAF pay setting rules apply.
Few vacancies in the following location:
This job is open to
U.S. citizens, nationals or those who owe allegiance to the U.S.
The Area of Consideration for this vacancy announcement is for Citizens and Non-Citizens residing within a 30 mile radius of West Point, New York. (Military Spouse Preference (MSP) and Involuntarily Separated Military Preference (ISMP) eligible candidates are included in the area of consideration.)
Learn more about this agency
This position is located at the Army Community Recreation Division at Victor Constant Ski Area.
- Issues tools, equipment and games to authorized customers. Checks identification , collects fees when appropriate, and completes appropriate documentation.
- Receives returned items, inspecting for obvious damage and missing parts. Checks inventories and supplies. Assists with simple repair and maintenance.
- In a recreation facility, assists in directing patrons, scheduling the use of courts, lanes and equipment. Participates in and directs games and social events. Decorates party rooms and maintains the cleanliness of assigned work areas.
- Provides facility and program information to patrons. Performs other duties as assigned.
Conditions Of Employment
- Direct Deposit and Social Security Card is required.
- Meet qualification/eligibility/background requirements for this position.
- A one year probationary period may be required.
- Satisfactorily complete an employment verification (E-Verify) check.
- Completed and signed DA Form 3433 is required prior to entrance on duty.
- Must be willing to accept varying and/ or rotating shifts to include nights, weekends, and holidays.
No experience is required.
Possession of a valid driver's license.
Proof of license will be required prior to appointment.
Applicants meeting the Highly Preferred criteria will be referred first to the Selecting Official. All other applicants will be referred for consideration if the certificate (referral list) is returned with no selection.
This job does not have an education qualification requirement.
- To better expedite the hiring process, we recommend including full contact information (name, address, phone number, email, etc.) for professional and personal references on your resume.
- Initial Cut-Off Date: 15 October, 2020 (Applications must be received by 11:59 PM EST)Applications received by the Initial Cut-Off Date will be reviewed and possibly referred to the Selecting Official PRIOR to the Closing Date of this Vacancy Announcement.
Subsequent referrals to the Hiring Manager will occur as additional vacancies become available or at the request of the Hiring Manager.
- Manual Application: West Point is not receiving manual applications at this time due to the COVID-19 pandemic. If you are interested in a manual application, please send your request to the email listed below with the Vacancy Number and the position's title. An application will be emailed to you. The completed application and supporting documentation can be emailed back.
NOTE: Applications will not be reviewed for completeness and any incomplete applications will result in an ineligible rating. We appreciate your understanding during this difficult time.
Neglecting to respond to the job related questions will result in an ineligible rating.
- Additional selections may be made from this vacancy announcement for up to 90 days after the closing date.
- Allowances, differentials, or incentives will not be paid.
- Payment Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is not authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government's interest.
- Please check out our Applicant Information Kit to view additional information you may find useful when applying for our jobs. (To view the kit, click: https://publicfileshare.chra.army.mil/index.php/s/uIDfgOMr6PWHHGS/download?path=/&files=NAF Applicant Information Kit.pdf ). (If URL does not work, please copy and paste into browser).
- Applications are valid for 90 days after submission date. Applicants will be referred to selecting officials as additional vacancies occur.
How You Will Be Evaluated
Applicants can claim the following eligibilities:
- NAF Preference - Involuntarily Separated From the Military
- NAF Preference - Spouse Employment Preference (SEP)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Business Based Action
- NAF Priority Consideration - Current Appropriated Funds Employee CNE (APF)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Current/Former NAF Employee (CNE/FNE)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Outside Applicant Veteran (OAV)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Parent of a Veteran (OAV)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Spouse/Widow(er) of a Veteran (OAV)
Background checks and security clearance
The following documents must be submitted with your application:
Optional: Job Application (DA Form 3433) will be accepted in place of a Resume.
The below items are accepted and may be needed to support a qualification and/or a claimed priority/preference:
- Cover Letter
- DD-214/ Statement of Service
- DA 3433
- Marriage Certificate
- PCS Orders
- Reasonable Accommodation Documentation
- Separation Notice (RIF)
- SF-50/ Notification of Personnel Action
How to Apply
How to Apply
You may submit your application package using one of the two methods identified below:
- Electronically (preferred) at https://www.usajobs.gov/ and search for Vacancy Number (VIN): 10925472. Announcement closes at 11:59 PM Eastern Time on the closing date listed on this announcement.
- Manually: Please refer to the "Additional Information" section of this announcement for instructions.
Your resume will be reviewed to verify that qualification requirements have been met. We appreciate your interest in this position!
Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy And gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process should follow the instructions in the job opportunity announcement. For any part of the remaining hiring process, applicants should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Learn more about disability employment and reasonable accommodations or how to contact an agency.
Legal and regulatory guidance