Open & closing dates
Opening and closing dates
10/22/2020 to 12/30/2020
Pay scale & grade
$14.14 to $15.75 per hour
Salary will be determined by the Hiring Manager based upon experience. NAF pay setting rules apply.
Few vacancies in the following location:
This job is open to
U.S. citizens, nationals or those who owe allegiance to the U.S.
The Area of Consideration for this vacancy announcement is for U.S. Citizens and Non-Citizens residing within a 30 mile radius of West Point, NY. (Military Spouse Preference (MSP) and Involuntarily Separated Military Preference (ISMP) eligible candidates are included in the area of consideration.)
Learn more about this agency
This position is located with West Point MWR Outdoor Recreation (Small Travel Camps and Ski Area).
- Works as an assistant for the Recreation Specialist who makes specific assignments, explains policies and procedures and reviews work for quantity and quality. Job may require work in various facilities.
- Polices interior and exterior areas of building/grounds; performs general housekeeping to make facilities/fields/pools/outdoor courts ready for use. Opens/closes facilities by locking and unlocking doors/windows. Assures security system is operable.
- Issues/receives recreational equipment to authorized users. Collects applicable fees for items issued, accounts for monies collected, safeguards funds, makes daily bank deposits. Inspects equipment turned in and collects pre-set fees for damages.
- Pre-checks and prepares equipment for customers, explains use and monitors proper usage. Arranges furniture and equipment for various types/sizes of events; puts up/takes down special event decorations. May assist in conducting event.
- Cleans recreation equipment, supplies and facility area. Operates equipment and performs self-help maintenance on facilities and equipment. Ensures adequate equipment is available in sufficient time to conduct program activities.
Conditions Of Employment
- Direct Deposit and Social Security Card is required.
- Meet qualification/eligibility/background requirements for this position.
- A one year probationary period may be required.
- Satisfactorily complete an employment verification (E-Verify) check.
- Completed and signed DA Form 3433 is required prior to entrance on duty.
- Must be willing to accept a varying or rotating shift to include nights, weekends and holidays.
1. Work experience that demonstrates the ability to perform the following duties: secure facility, issue equipment to customers, collect fees (ex: registration for camping and/or trip, payment of rented equipment etc.), and monitor inventory (ex. Supplies, equipment etc.).
2. Must have and retain a valid driver's license.
This experience must be reflected on your resume to be considered eligible for this position.
Highly Preferred candidates will possess the following:
1. A minimum of 2 years of experience using RecTrac 10.3.
2. A minimum of 2 years experience working in an Army MWR Outdoor Recreation Department.
3. Experience using Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word.
4. Good customer service skills with the ability to communicate in a clear, concise, and grammatically correct manner via telephone and in-person.
This experience and/or skill must be reflected on your resume at the time of application to be considered a highly preferred candidate.
Applicants meeting the Highly Preferred criteria will be referred first to the Selecting Official. All other applicants will be referred for consideration if the certificate (referral list) is returned with no selection.
This job does not have an education qualification requirement.
- Initial Cut-Off Date: Thursday, November 5, 2020 (Applications must be received by 11:59 PM EST)
Applications received by the Initial Cut-Off Date will be reviewed and possibly referred to the Selecting Official PRIOR to the Closing Date of this Vacancy Announcement.
Subsequent referrals to the Hiring Manager will occur every two weeks thereafter based on management's need to fill positions.
- Manual Application: West Point is not receiving manual applications at this time due to the COVID-19 pandemic. If you are interested in a manual application, please send your request to the email listed below with the Vacancy Number and the position's title. An application will be emailed to you. The completed application and supporting documentation can be emailed back.
NOTE: Applications will not be reviewed for completeness and any incomplete applications will result in an ineligible rating. We appreciate your understanding during this difficult time.
Neglecting to respond to the job related questions will result in an ineligible rating.
- Additional selections may be made from this vacancy announcement for up to 90 days after the closing date.
- Allowances, differentials, or incentives will not be paid.
- Payment Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs are not authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government's interest.
- Please check out our Applicant Information Kit to view additional information you may find useful when applying for our jobs. (To view the kit, click: https://publicfileshare.chra.army.mil/index.php/s/uIDfgOMr6PWHHGS/download?path=/&files=NAF Applicant Information Kit.pdf ). (If URL does not work, please copy and paste into browser).
- Applications are valid for 90 days after submission date. Applicants will be referred to selecting officials as additional vacancies occur.
How You Will Be Evaluated
Applicants can claim the following eligibilities:
- NAF Preference - Involuntarily Separated From the Military
- NAF Preference - Spouse Employment Preference (SEP)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Business Based Action
- NAF Priority Consideration - Current Appropriated Funds Employee CNE (APF)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Current/Former NAF Employee (CNE/FNE)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Outside Applicant Veteran (OAV)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Parent of a Veteran (OAV)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Spouse/Widow(er) of a Veteran (OAV)
Background checks and security clearance
The following documents must be submitted with your application:
Optional: Job Application (DA Form 3433) will be accepted in place of a Resume.
The below items are accepted and may be needed to support a qualification and/or a claimed priority/preference:
- Cover Letter
- DD-214/ Statement of Service
- DA 3433
- Driver's License
- DA 3434
- Marriage Certificate
- PCS Orders
- Reasonable Accommodation Documentation
- Separation Notice (RIF)
- SF-50/ Notification of Personnel Action
How to Apply
How to Apply
You may submit your application package using one of the two methods identified below:
- Electronically (preferred) at https://www.usajobs.gov/ and search for Vacancy Number (VIN): 10945993. Announcement closes at 11:59 PM Eastern Time on the closing date listed on this announcement.
- Manually: Please refer to the "Additional Information" section of this announcement for instructions.
Your resume will be reviewed to verify that qualification requirements have been met. We appreciate your interest in this position!
Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy And gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process should follow the instructions in the job opportunity announcement. For any part of the remaining hiring process, applicants should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Learn more about disability employment and reasonable accommodations or how to contact an agency.
Legal and regulatory guidance