Open & closing dates
Opening and closing dates
01/14/2020 to 01/20/2020
Pay scale & grade
$68,000 to $80,000 per year
Few vacancies in the following location:
This job is open to
U.S. citizens, nationals or those who owe allegiance to the U.S.
The Area of Consideration for this vacancy announcement is Worldwide.
Learn more about this agency
This position is located at the Sports and Fitness Facilities.
To better expedite the hiring process, we recommend including full contact information (name, address, phone number, email, etc.) for professional and personal references on your resume.
- Operates two or more recreation facilities/areas with diverse functions.
- Performs self-help maintenance on facilities and equipment. Prepares work orders for maintenance which cannot be completed by self-help.
- Polices building and grounds, performs general housekeeping and ensure areas are ready for use.
- Maximizes facility usage for both organized functions and individual development.
- Supervises recreation, administrative support and maintenance staff assigned to each facility.
- Inventories property; determines equipment condition; initiates maintenance, repair or replacement as appropriate.
- Recommends purchase/construction of equipment and facilities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Conditions Of Employment
- Direct Deposit and Social Security Card is required.
- Meet qualification/eligibility/background requirements for this position.
- A one year probationary period may be required.
- Satisfactorily complete an employment verification (E-Verify) check.
- Completed and signed DA Form 3433 is required prior to entrance on duty.
- Satisfactory completion of pre-employment background checks in accordance with AR 215-3, 2-15j. Incumbent is required to complete a Tier 1 background investigation.
1. Completion of the requirements for a bachelor's degree in one of the program areas to be managed OR experience that provided aknowledge of the goals, principles, methods and techniques of recreation and an understanding of the interests of individuals or groups.
2. Work experience supervising support staff in recreation programs.
1. Demonstrate at least one year experience managing two or more fitness facilities within the same year.
2. Possess at least two years of full-time supervisory experience in the health and fitness industry.
3. Possess current basic level personal trainer certification from a nationally accredited organization.
**Applicants that meet both the Minimum Qualifications and Highly Qualified criteria will be referred to management for consideration first. If management does not select a Highly Qualified candidate, they may request a referral list including all qualified applicants**
PLEASE NOTE: Your resume must reflect the qualifications stated in the announcement and assessment/questionnaire.
A copy of all supporting documents must be submitted at the time of application.
Please review the qualifications indicated above.
If you claim qualifications based on education, and do not submit a transcript, your education will not be used in making a qualification determination and you may be found "not qualified".
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
- Manual Application: If you are unable to apply online, you may submit your application package using a manual application method. Please contact the NAF Human Resources Office or representative listed on this job announcement to request a copy of the manual application form. All completed manual application forms (along with resume and other supporting documentation) must be received no later than 3PM PST on the closing date of the announcement in order to process your application in a timely manner. Please note that neglecting to respond to the job related questions may result in an ineligible rating.
- Additional selections may be made from this vacancy announcement for up to 90 days after the closing date.
- Allowances, differentials, or incentives will not be paid.
- Payment Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is in the Government's interest.
- Please check out our Applicant Information Kit to view additional information you may find useful when applying for our jobs. (To view the kit, copy this URL: https://publicfileshare.chra.army.mil/index.php/s/uIDfgOMr6PWHHGS/download?path=/&files=NAF Applicant Information Kit.pdf )
How You Will Be Evaluated
Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience.
Applicants can claim the following eligibilities:
- NAF Priority Consideration - Business Based Action
- NAF Priority Consideration - Current Appropriated Funds Employee CNE (APF)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Current/Former NAF Employee (CNE/FNE)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Outside Applicant Veteran (OAV)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Parent of a Veteran (OAV)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Spouse/Widow(er) of a Veteran (OAV)
**Highly Qualified Preference-eligible candidates**
1. Non-Preference Eligible Candidates who meet the Highly Preferred Criteria.
2. Preference Eligible Candidates who meet the minimum qualifications.
3. Non-Preference Eligible Candidates who meet the minimum qualifications.
If an additional list is required, the remaining applicants may be referred to management.
Background checks and security clearance
The following documents must be submitted with your application:
Optional: Job Application (DA Form 3433) will be accepted in place of a Resume.
The below items are accepted and may be needed to support a qualification and/or a claimed priority/preference:
- Cover Letter
- DD-214/ Statement of Service
- DA Form 3433, DA Form 3434
- PCS Orders
- Professional Certification
- Reasonable Accommodation Documentation
- Separation Notice (RIF)
- SF-50/ Notification of Personnel Action
How to Apply
How to Apply
You may submit your application package using one of the two methods identified below:
- Electronically (preferred) at https://www.usajobs.gov/ and search for Vacancy Number (VIN): 10696934. Announcement closes at 11:59 PM Eastern Time on the closing date listed on this announcement.
- Manually: Please refer to the "Additional Information" section of this announcement for instructions.
Your resume will be reviewed to verify that qualification requirements have been met. We appreciate your interest in this position!
Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy And gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process should follow the instructions in the job opportunity announcement. For any part of the remaining hiring process, applicants should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change in the workplace or the way things are customarily done that provides an equal employment opportunity to an individual with a disability. Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) must provide reasonable accommodations:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
Legal and regulatory guidance