Open & closing dates
Opening and closing dates
01/14/2020 to 01/22/2020
Pay scale & grade
$35,920 to $38,420 per year
This position IS entitled to 10.28% COLA (Island of Oahu), subject to change without notice.
1 vacancy in the following location:
This job is open to
U.S. citizens, nationals or those who owe allegiance to the U.S.
The Area of Consideration for this vacancy announcement is Island of Oahu . (Military Spouse Preference (MSP) and Involuntarily Separated Military Preference (ISMP) eligible candidates are included in the area of consideration.)
Learn more about this agency
This position is located at Outdoor Recreation Center, Schofield Barracks Hawaii
To better expedite the hiring process, we recommend including full contact information (name, address, phone number, email, etc.) for professional and personal references on your resume.
- Demonstrates techniques and instructs participants in the use of equipment. Coordinates with installation, county, and state officials on programs and information related to outdoor recreation and required licenses.
- Researches, plans and develops or enlarges outdoor recreation areas.
- May assist in the preparation and development of the annual operating budget and 5- year plan.
- Coordinates with installation, county, and state officials on programs and information related to outdoor recreation and required licenses.
- Plans, schedules, organizes and implements outdoor activities, examples cross-country skiing, hiking, biking, canoeing, camping, trips, skeet shooting, parks, ranges, mountain climbing and overnight recreational trips.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel 5% for this position.
Conditions Of Employment
- Direct Deposit and Social Security Card is required.
- Meet qualification/eligibility/background requirements for this position.
- A one year probationary period may be required.
- Satisfactorily complete an employment verification (E-Verify) check.
- Completed and signed DA Form 3433 is required prior to entrance on duty.
- Subject to satisfactory completion of all pre-employment checks in accordance with AR 215-3, para.2 to include a Tier 1 background investigation.
- Selected applicants must successfully pass a Medical Physical Examination. Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
1. Experience OR a combination of experience and education that provided the knowledge of the goals, principles, methods, and techniques of recreation programs and an understanding of the interests of individuals or groups.
2. Completion of the requirements for a bachelor's degree with major study in outdoor recreation and parks; recreation management; youth, public, urban or community recreation; or special population recreation is qualifying experience.
Highly Qualifications Criteria:
1. Must possess one (1) year experience with Rectrac and/or a Department of Defense (DOD) Point of Sale (POS) system or similar programs.
2. Must possess one (1) year experience planning and executing Outdoor Recreation Programs.
3. Must possess one (1) year experience with resale inventory.
4. Must possess experience, knowledge of Microsoft Office applications software programs (such as Word, Excel, Outlook) and Adobe Programs.
5. Must possess knowledge of open ocean and ability to swim.
Note: This position requires the ability to obtain First Aid/Certified Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) Certification within the first three (3) months of work. (Company paid training)
NOTE: Applicants who met both minimum qualifications and highly qualifying / best qualified criteria will be referred to the selecting official for consideration first.
To be evaluated as a highly preferred/best qualified candidate, your resume MUST clearly reflect the knowledge and experience listed under the highly qualified / minimum qualifications criteria noted above.
A four-year Bachelor's Degree from an accredited College and/or University with major study in Outdoor Recreation and Parks; Recreation Management; Youth, Public, Urban or Community Recreation; or Special Population Recreation or related field of study.
If using education to qualify for this position, College and/or University transcripts must be provided with application to receive consideration.
- Army NAF Paysetting rules/requirements apply to this vacancy announcement.
- Manual Application: If you are unable to apply online, you may submit your application package using a manual application method. Please contact the NAF Human Resources Office or representative listed on this job announcement to request a copy of the manual application form. All completed manual application forms (along with resume and other supporting documentation) must be received no later than 3:00 pm H.S.T. on the closing date of the announcement in order to process your application in a timely manner. Please note that neglecting to respond to the job related questions may result in an ineligible rating.
- Additional selections may be made from this vacancy announcement for up to 90 days after the closing date.
- Allowances, differentials, or incentives will not be paid.
- Payment Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs IS NOT authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government's interest.
- Please check out our Applicant Information Kit to view additional information you may find useful when applying for our jobs. (To view the kit, copy this URL: https://publicfileshare.chra.army.mil/index.php/s/uIDfgOMr6PWHHGS/download?path=/&files=NAF Applicant Information Kit.pdf ).
- Refusal of a military spouse to participate in established recruitment procedures for a RFT or RPT position (for example, interview, and so forth) is considered a declination of employment and is a basis for termination of SEP entitlement for the current PCS of the sponsor.
How You Will Be Evaluated
Applicants can claim the following eligibilities:
- NAF Preference - Involuntarily Separated From the Military
- NAF Preference - Spouse Employment Preference (SEP)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Business Based Action
- NAF Priority Consideration - Current Appropriated Funds Employee CNE (APF)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Current/Former NAF Employee (CNE/FNE)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Outside Applicant Veteran (OAV)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Parent of a Veteran (OAV)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Spouse/Widow(er) of a Veteran (OAV)
If you are claiming any of the above eligibilities, your supporting documentation must be received at the time of application.
Background checks and security clearance
The following documents must be submitted with your application:
Optional: Job Application (DA Form 3433) will be accepted in place of a Resume.
The below items are accepted and may be needed to support a qualification and/or a claimed priority/preference:
- Cover Letter
- DD-214/ Statement of Service
- DA Form 3433
- Marriage Certificate
- DA 3434
- PCS Orders
- Professional Certification
- SF-50/ Notification of Personnel Action
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from
schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
How to Apply
How to Apply
You may submit your application package using one of the two methods identified below:
- Electronically (preferred) at https://www.usajobs.gov/ and search for Vacancy Number (VIN): 10696212. Announcement closes at 11:59 PM Eastern Time on the closing date listed on this announcement.
- Manually: Please refer to the "Additional Information" section of this announcement for instructions.
Your resume will be reviewed to verify that qualification requirements have been met. We appreciate your interest in this position!
Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy And gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process should follow the instructions in the job opportunity announcement. For any part of the remaining hiring process, applicants should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change in the workplace or the way things are customarily done that provides an equal employment opportunity to an individual with a disability. Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) must provide reasonable accommodations:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
Legal and regulatory guidance