Throughout the duration of this vacancy announcement, applications that are received will be referred to the selecting official on a bi-weekly basis.
Learn more about this agency
OUR MISSION: To fulfill President Lincoln's promise - "To care for him who shall have borne the battle and for his widow, and his orphan" - by serving and honoring the men and women who are America's Veterans. How would you like to become a part of a team providing compassionate care to Veterans?
At the Sioux Falls VA Health Care System (SFVAHCS), we strive to hire only the best! Working with and for America's Veterans is a privilege, and we pride ourselves on the quality of care we provide. In return for your commitment to quality health care for our nation's Veterans, VA offers an incomparable benefits package. Located in southeast South Dakota, Sioux Falls is a family-oriented community with no state income tax. The SFVAHCS is a teaching hospital providing a full range of patient care service, with state-of-the-art technology as well as education and research. Comprehensive health care is provided through primary care, tertiary care, and long-term care in the areas of medicine, surgery, psychiatry, physical medicine and rehabilitation, neurology, oncology, dentistry, geriatrics, and transitional care. The SFVAHCS is part of VA Midwest Healthcare System (VISN 23), which includes facilities in Minnesota, North Dakota, Iowa, Nebraska, and South Dakota. Every job at the VA impacts the Veterans that we serve. You can be part of that team, helping to make sure that our Veterans receive the top-quality care they deserve.
The procedures outlined in AFGE Master Agreement, Article 23, Section 8 will be followed. First consideration will be given to current Sioux Falls VAHCS employees.
Requires Filing a Financial Disclosure Report: No
Recruitment incentives authorized: No
Relocation incentives authorized: No
The Sioux Falls VA Health Care System is currently recruiting for a four Part-time, Permanent, Registered Nurses. These positions will be located in the Community Living Center (CLC) in the Extended Care and Rehabilitation Service. As a Registered Nurse, you are responsible for the following duties to include, but not limited to:
- The Community Living Center (CLC) registered nurse is an expert in providing, directing or influencing the care of adult and geriatric Veterans, their families and significant others in a variety of settings.
- Demonstrates an in-depth understanding of dynamics of aging as well as the interventions necessary for health promotion, palliative care, and for management of health status changes.
- Provides comprehensive nursing services independently or collaboratively with clinical and administrative staff and interdisciplinary teams.
- Through administration, education, research and theory-based clinical practice, the CLC registered nurse advances the health care of adult and geriatric Veterans.
- The incumbent must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to adult and geriatric Veterans in the CLC environment.
- Assesses data reflective of the Veteran's status, and interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each Veteran's requirements relative to their age-specific needs, providing care as needed as described in policies and procedures.
NOTE: Assignment to other areas of the service line, medical center, or other CBOC's may be required. The Registered Nurse reports to the Nurse Manager and works in collaboration with his/her assigned CORE team, however, assignments may be made to other areas for purposes of cross coverage.
Work Schedule: The tour of duty for this position is typically NIGHTS, with rotating holidays and weekends. Flexibility in tours is required. Additional information regarding the work schedule of this position will be discussed during the interview process.
Functional Statement: Registered Nurse