The Endoscopy Registered Nurse is directly responsible to the designated nurse manager. The registered nurse is responsible and accountable for the provision of direct patient care and for the delivery of quality nursing care to a culturally diverse veteran patient population that reflect the educational, experiential and competency requirements.
Learn more about this agency
Duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Demonstrates knowledge to assess, perform and appropriately care for patients in a fast-paced procedure-based environment;
- Appropriately collaborates with the providers to ensure appropriate care and services for the optimum health care outcomes;
- Coordination of patient and family care to include education to mitigate knowledge deficits, and barriers to learning;
- Firm working knowledge of treatment, care, evidence based nursing /medical protocols and management of Endoscopy Procedures. This may consist of:
- Administration of Moderate Sedation.
- Medication Administration (including intravenous solutions)
- Prepares patients for procedures pre-op, intra-operative and post-operative care
- Emergency Intervention: BLS / ACLS
- Hand-off Communication
- Ability to multitask
- PACU or specialty area experience with admitting and discharging patients
- The Endoscopy Nurse will provide comprehensive nursing care in the procedural setting through utilization of the nursing process and adhere to established policies and procedures.
- Demonstrate competence in the care and handling of all Reusable Medical Equipment, including immediate post-procedure cleaning.
- May be assigned responsibilities such as preceptor, charge nurse, or unit shift leader based on education and experience.
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday 0715-1545 with rotation to off tours to cover the needs of the service
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required