This position is located in the Safety and Occupational Health Division of the U.S. Mint at the Philadelphia facility. The Safety and Occupational Health Technician will service the Health Unit by assisting with employee screenings and emergency health care, as well as upholding Safety and Occupational Health regulations required by law. Conducts required health screening tests given to new and current employees during pre-placement, periodic, exit and medical surveillance exams. Screen tests include blood pressure, pulse, audiogram, vision, pulmonary function and other similar tests. Provides assistance to employees on preventive health care programs and referral to employee assistance programs. Administers emergency treatment first aid to injured or ill employees on the job site for minor lacerations, sprains, strains, bumps, contusions, fractures and similar injuries.
Learn more about this agency
As a Safety and Occupational Health Technician, you will:
- Administer emergency treatment first aid to injured or ill employees on the job site for minor lacerations, sprains, strains, bruises, bumps, contusions, fractures, and similar injuries.
- Conduct required health screening tests given to new and current employees during pre-placement, periodic, exit, and medical surveillance exams.
- Inspect assigned areas of the workplace for existing or potential safety and health hazards and unsafe work practices.
- Maintain clean and sterile conditions in the exam rooms of the Health Clinic. Properly manage and dispose of medical waste. Monitor and maintain sufficient medical supplies and checks inventory for expiration dates.
- Prepare for and conduct safety and health training programs, safety meetings, and coordinate facility safety and health fairs.