As a Secretary (Office Automation) at the GS-0318-8/9 with a full performance level of GS-09, you will be part of the Center for Leadership Development, Human Resource Solutions, Office of Personnel Management. If selected, you will be responsible for conducting a wide array of general office work to support the Director and the operations of Federal Executive Institute (FEI).
Learn more about this agency
Typical work assignments may include under supervision:
- Managing the Director's time by screening callers and visitors to the office; arranging needed meetings; and determining when callers or visitors are more appropriately, referred to someone other than the Director.
- Managing the flow and timeliness of decision packages and controlled mail to the Director and reviewing decision packages and other key documents for procedural correctness, completeness, and apparent responsiveness to requirements.
- Reviewing the effectiveness of processes and procedures used to manage the work of the office, such as diagnosing problems, and designing new procedures and reporting processes as needed.
- Conducting research for the Director of a confidential or time sensitive nature and obtaining precise information needed for the completion of projects.
- Arranging conferences, ensuring that all participants follow through on assignments in preparation for the conference, that the calendars for all participants are cleared, and that all materials to be provided are available with the appropriate form and content.
Your duties will be the same for the GS-08 grade level with more supervisory review until the full performance level GS-09 is achieved.