If you do not meet any of the categories listed above, you may wish to apply under announcement 18-HUD-809-P, which is open for any U.S. citizen to apply. Please refer to that announcement for details on open period, eligibility, and how to apply.
Learn more about this agency
The Office of Housing provides vital public services through its nationally administered programs. It oversees the Federal Housing Administration (FHA), the largest mortgage insurer in the world, and regulates important parts of the housing industry. The Office of Housing also helps ensure consumers can access housing counseling and provides affordable rental housing through its Multifamily housing program. The Office of Housing is committed to helping all Americans obtain safe, decent affordable housing.
The Office of Healthcare Programs (OHP) administers FHA's healthcare programs, the Section 232 Mortgage Insurance for Residential Care Facilities and Section 242 Mortgage Insurance for Hospitals programs. Both programs enable the affordable financing and refinancing of healthcare facility projects and are integral to HUD’s community development mission. OHP’s programs assist hospitals and residential care facilities (such as nursing homes and assisted living facilities) to more reasonably finance construction, renovation, acquisition, or refinancing projects. These programs strengthen local communities, improve access to healthcare, and decrease overall healthcare costs.
There is one vacancy in one of the following duty locations: Washington, D.C., Jacksonville, FL, or Portland, OR.
As a Senior Account Executive, you will:
- Serve as a Departmental expert in the analysis of hospitals, particularly as pertains to Section 242 mortgage insurance program policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Monitor the fiscal activity of FHA portfolio hospitals (hospitals with FHA-insured loans outstanding) and assess their financial performance, compliance, and risk posed to FHA.
- Maintain a comprehensive and up-to-date knowledge of assigned portfolio hospitals and hospitals applying for insured loans; make participation attractive by providing quality customer service; and exercise prudent and effective management in dealing with the business risks posed by portfolio hospitals and applicants for insured loans.
- Identify and assist portfolio hospitals in financial distress.
Occasional travel - 1-5 nights per month
Who May Apply
This job is open to…
All Candidates who are:
1.Current or former federal employees qualifying as Status Candidates
eligibles, or eligible for special hiring authorities (e.g., the Schedule A appointment for persons with disabilities, or covered by an Interchange Agreement); OR
2. HUD employees currently serving on a Veterans' Recruitment Appointment (VRA).
Questions? This job is open to 5 groups.