OUR MISSION: To fulfill President Lincoln's promise: "To care for him who shall have borne the battle, and for his widow, and his orphan" - by serving and honoring the men and women who are America's Veterans. How would you like to become a part of a team providing compassionate care to Veterans?
Learn more about this agency
The Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) needs employees who possess the energy, compassion, and commitment to serve those who served our Country. Whatever the job title, every position in VA will give you a chance to make a meaningful and personal contribution to the lives of truly special and deserving people - our Veterans. VA professionals feel good about their careers and their ability to balance work and home life. VA offers generous paid time off and a variety of predictable and flexible scheduling opportunities. Working for VA is one of the most emotionally satisfying and professionally rewarding ways to dedicate the best within you to your Country's service. If you are transitioning from the military or a Veteran already, we invite you to explore the benefits of continuing your career at the VA. The VA is committed to hiring Veterans.
The VA is much more than just another employer. It is an honorable, open and welcoming community of those who care. Gratitude is our motivation and service is our mission.
The VA has adopted Core Values and Characteristics that apply universally across the Department. The five Core Values define "who we are," our culture, and how we care for Veterans, their families and other beneficiaries. The Values are Integrity, Commitment, Advocacy, Respect and Excellence ("I CARE"). America's Veterans need you!
The Speech Pathology Assistant will be working at the VA Seattle Healthcare System, Seattle, CA. This position is located in the Rehabilitation Care Services.
Major duties and responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Manages prosthetics equipment when delivered to clinic,
- Monitors tracheoesophageal supply inventory, including tracking expiration dates,
- reorders when needed.
- Tracks inventory and orders quarterly supplies for American Lake and Seattle
- Speech Pathology Divisions. (is a Purchase Card holder).
- Initiates special orders when requested by the Speech-Language Pathology staff.
- Ensures proper pre-cleaning of reusable medical equipment (per standard
- operating procedures).
- Ensures all reusable medical equipment is returned from SPS in a timely & routine fashion.
- Maintains clean, disinfected and sterilized equipment (including transportable
- workstations), test batteries, trial devices and work surfaces for the Speech-
- Language Pathology Clinic including the treatment spaces.
- Serves as a resource to the Speech-Language Pathology staff in clinical and
- hospital infection control practices and instructs the staff as needed.
- Demonstrates compliance with Radiation Safety guidelines in accordance with
- hospital policy.
- Checks Imaging orders are placed for Video Fluoroscopic Swallow Study
- Assist with monitoring Speech Pathology consult completion.
- Enters & monitors work orders placed for equipment repairs for Speech Pathology
- and Audiology.
- Coordinates Speech Pathology services and care with or through outside parties.
- Sets up equipment for objective voice and swallowing studies and sets-up all
- reusable medical equipment in accordance with standard operating procedures.
WORK SCHEDULE: MONDAY - FRIDAY 7:45 AM - 4:30 PM
Recruitment & Relocation Incentives: Not authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not Required