Open & closing dates
Opening and closing dates
05/20/2020 to 08/20/2020
Pay scale & grade
$35,000 to $45,000 per year
Part-Time - 20 Hours
1 vacancy in the following location:
This job is open to
U.S. citizens, nationals or those who owe allegiance to the U.S.
Clarification from the agency
Korea-Wide Only. Applicants who live outside of Korea WILL NOT be considered. U.S. citizens overseas under ordinary resident status are not eligible for appointment under the Status of Forces Agreement.
Applicants need to ensure that they have selected the appropriate Employment Eligibility option(s) in the Applicant Questionnaire.
A first cut off of 27 May has been established.
The Area of Consideration for this vacancy announcement is Korea-wide only. Military Spouse Preference (MSP), Involuntarily Separated Military Preference (ISMP) and Family Member Preference eligible candidates are included in the area of consideration.
This position is located at USAG Humphreys.
To better expedite the hiring process, we recommend including full contact information (name, address, phone number, email, etc.) for professional and personal references on your resume.
Learn more about this agency
- Serves as a Strength and Conditioning Specialist and works for the Installation Fitness Program Manager Soldier Performance Enhancement Supervisor. Assists supervisor in all facets of the Soldier Performance Enhancement Program.
- Trains Soldiers in physical strength and conditioning techniques, with primary focus on education, injury prevention, maximizing physical fitness scores, and tactical performance.
- Assists with the day to day operations of the strength and conditioning program. Develops strength and conditioning programs for Soldiers based upon assessment data, unit needs/goals, and professional knowledge.
- Provides educational programming to reduce future injury potential, enable Soldiers to make informed decisions in fitness training design/implementation and promote sound fitness fundamentals.
Conditions Of Employment
- Direct Deposit and Social Security Card is required.
- Meet qualification/eligibility/background requirements for this position, to include a Tier 1 (NACI) investigation.
- A one year probationary period may be required.
- Completed and signed DA Form 3433 is required prior to entrance on duty.
- This is a rotating schedule position which may include evenings, weekends and holidays.
Undergraduate education (Four-year degree) - Major study - physical education or related field.
Experience in implementing athletic strength and conditioning programming in a group setting. This experience must demonstrate skill in implementing programming for diverse populations found within the military environment including elite performance, rehabilitation, and basic fitness training. Experience in planning, administering, or carrying out a sports program in a community, industrial activity, or secondary school or college.
May require the following highly qualifying criteria:
Collegiate Strength and Conditioning Coaches Association (CSCCa) Strength and Conditioning Coach Certification (SCCC)
National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA) Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist Certification (CSCS).
ONLY THE MOST HIGHLY QUALIFIED CANDIDATES WILL BE REFERRED. IF MANAGEMENT DOES NOT WISH TO SELECT A HIGHLY QUALIFIED CANDIDATE, THEY MAY REQUEST A REFERRAL LIST INCLUDING ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTS. APPLICANTS ARE REQUIRED TO ANSWER THE QUESTIONS BELOW DURING THE APPLICATION PROCESS.
Qualifications must be clearly verifiable in your resume. Government positions must include pay plan, series, grade, to and from dates, and government agency/department. (All qualification requirements must include experience performing duties equivalent in scope and complexity to the next lower grade level.)
Highly qualified applicants must possess at least one of the following (ore related) certificates. Certificate(s) must be included in your application packet.
Collegiate Strength and Conditioning Coaches Association (CSCCA)
Strength and Conditioning Coach Certification (SCCC)
National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA)
Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist Certification (CSCS)
Tactical Strength and Conditioning Certification
ACE Medical Exercise Specialist Certification (MESC)
- Manual Application: If you are unable to apply online, you may submit your application package using a manual application method. Please contact the NAF Human Resources Office or representative listed on this job announcement to request a copy of the manual application form. All completed manual application forms (along with resume and other supporting documentation) must be received no later than 1:00 p.m. local time (Korea Standard Time) on the closing date of the announcement in order to process your application in a timely manner. Please note that neglecting to respond to the job related questions may result in an ineligible rating.
- Additional selections may be made from this vacancy announcement for up to 90 days after the closing date.
- Payment Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is not authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government's interest.
- Allowances, differentials, or incentives will not be paid. Post Allowance may be paid, only if eligible.
- Employment Overseas provides a lot of additional benefits & entitlements, for information click here
- Applicants must comply with the Exceptional Family Member Program, for information click here
- Please check out our Applicant Information Kit to view additional information you may find useful when applying for our jobs. (To view kit, click this URL: https://publicfileshare.chra.army.mil/index.php/s/uIDfgOMr6PWHHGS/download?path=/&files=NAF Applicant Information Kit.pdf ) (If URL does not work, copy and paste the URL into browser).
Applications are valid for 90 days after submission date. Applicants will be referred to selecting officials as additional vacancies occur.
How You Will Be Evaluated
Applicants can claim the following eligibilities:
- NAF Preference - Family Member Preference (OCONUS ONLY)
- NAF Preference - Involuntarily Separated From the Military
- NAF Preference - Spouse Employment Preference (SEP)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Business Based Action
- NAF Priority Consideration - Current Appropriated Funds Employee CNE (APF)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Current/Former NAF Employee (CNE/FNE)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Outside Applicant Veteran (OAV)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Parent of a Veteran (OAV)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Spouse/Widow(er) of a Veteran (OAV)
Background checks and security clearance
The following documents must be submitted with your application:
Optional: Job Application (DA Form 3433) will be accepted in place of a Resume.
The below items are accepted and may be needed to support a qualification and/or a claimed priority/preference:
- Cover Letter
- DD-214/ Statement of Service
- DA Form 3434
- Marriage Certificate
- PCS Orders
- Reasonable Accommodation Documentation
- Separation Notice (RIF)
- SF-50/ Notification of Personnel Action
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from
schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
How to Apply
How to Apply
You may submit your application package using one of the two methods identified below:
- Electronically (preferred) at https://www.usajobs.gov/ and search for Vacancy Number (VIN): 10823133. Announcement closes at 11:59 PM Eastern Time on the closing date listed on this announcement.
- Manually: Please refer to the "Additional Information" section of this announcement for instructions.
Your resume will be reviewed to verify that qualification requirements have been met. We appreciate your interest in this position!
Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy And gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process should follow the instructions in the job opportunity announcement. For any part of the remaining hiring process, applicants should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Learn more about disability employment and reasonable accommodations or how to contact an agency.
Legal and regulatory guidance